─── ⚝𓄹٠٘ xviii. 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌 & 𝖻𝗈𝗀𝗀𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌

Start from the beginning

Exactly one week after Sirius' birthday, Remus, and the others started to disappear again and Stella couldn't help but be curious about it.

So here she was in the corner of the hospital wing, watching 4 Gryffindor boys from afar.

"No 'buts'." She heard Madam Pomfrey say. "You will have to take the Wolfsbane Potion right now, and you are very lucky, Mr. Lupin. We are almost running out of it."

Wolfsbane Potion? and Remus is taking it? Now it was slowly starting to make sense! Stella thought.

The scars all over his face and body, his ragged clothes, bit feeling well before and after a certain time of a month and ofcourse, his dissappearance every peak of the full moon!

Remus Lupin is a werewolf.

Along her discovery, it pained Stella a lot. Her friend was going through horrid transformations every month and she didn't knew about it.

Until now, atleast.

"But it tastes horrible, Poppy!" James opposed.

"What do you expect, Mr. Potter? pumpkin juice?" The mediwitch retorted. "And you're not even the one who's drinking it!"

"It's okay, Poppy. I'll drink it." Remus said as the mediwitch started to walk away. Even from afar Remus' voice sounded weak.

After a while of standing and talking, one particular conversation perked Stella's ears up.

"I think Stella's getting suspicious on where we go every month." chuckled James and all of them groaned.

"Stella again?" Remus groaned.

Again? Stella squinted her eyes.

"Not that I don't want to hear her name or anything, but you've been talking about her non-stop." Remus explained.

Now, confusion hit Stella like the Knight Bus. Was James teasing her even when he's not with her?

"Okay, okay, fine then." James fumbled, his cheeks were bloodshot red. His friends noticed but Stella didn't ofcourse.

"James is right, though." Sirius interrupted. "Stella's been asking me where we go every month."

The said girl bit her lip in trepidation. She felt that this was too private for her to eavesdrop too.

But she was here already, no turning back now.

"Let's just keep lying to her as horrible as it sounds." Remus said with a sad voice.

It pained Stella a little. Okay— maybe a lot, but it's because she felt dejected. Was she not their friend, a friend who's not trustworthy enough to let her know their secrets? more so, his transformation?

But Stella knew Remus better. Maybe there was a reason behind all this.

There has to be.

"I can't let her know that I'm a werewolf. I can't." Remus whispered lowly. "I've already put your lives at risks. I can't afford to put hers on the line too." he confessed and everyone lowered their heads.

As much as James wanted to include Stella in everything, it wasn't his secret to tell and he wouldn't let her life be put at risk.

Just—— no.

"And I don't intend to let her know soon." Remus continued. "What if— if she thinks I'm a monster?"

"Remus, don't say that." Sirius said in a concerned tone.