chap2. dirty dancing

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know you could have such an effect on him.." Billy said as he pointed to Johnny who was still continuing to dance.

"What do you mean?" I replied as I continued to sip the beer.

"I don't think he expected you could dance like that." He replied as I scoffed.

"I bet."

***

It was the next morning and I was getting changed for today which consisted of some tight denim shorts and a red boob tube top with some black ankle healed boots and we headed out the door for the makeup thing, I couldn't be bothered take part in it so I met a woman named Penny and she complimented my dancing and we just talked.

"Penny, have you got the list of songs for tonight." Johnny said as he looked down at his chart and stood next to me but not realising I was there.

"Yeah, here." Penny said as she handed Johnny the files.

"You'll be there tonight right?" Penny added while looking at me and I shrugged.

"I'll probably have no other choice." I said making Penny laugh and Johnny just scoffed at me as I leaned against the post.

"You should really know that you're the only woman who actually wears clothes so she isn't over-heating." Penny spoke as she wrote down more notes.

"It's cause I don't give a shit what people think and I hate the 'respectable' style." I replied as tied my hair up in a ponytail but pulled down the baby hairs.

"I love it." Penny replied as Johnny continued to write notes down.

I smiled at her and walked over to Baby who was doing her eyeliner and noticed she was failing terribly, so I leaned over and grabbed a wipe and the eyeliner before squatting down and perfecting her winged eyeliner and Penny smiled as she noticed Johnny's stare.

"What are you wearing tonight?" I asked Baby as I sat on the table looking at all the makeup.

"Just the pink dress with the cardigan, what about you?" She replied before standing up and walking over to a post to lean against.

"The purple dress with white boots." I shrugged as I let the breeze blow through my face.

***

It was later that night and our parents had called us to go dancing down at the gazebo but I looked utterly inappropriate and knew I'd get stared at, even though it didn't bother me sometimes I don't like it and unfair.

"You look fabulous, now let's go." Baby said as she pulled my hand outside the door where our parents was waiting for us and my dad immediately scoffed.

"Hayley, go change." My father said sternly.

"No." I said as I walked down the steps to the gazebo and Baby caught up to me and we waited for our parents outside the gazebo.

Our parents walked up to the gazebo and greeted Kellerman and introduced my parents to Johnny Castle who was dancing with some slutty grandma acting like she was 18.

"Come on!" Baby said as I made a nervous face before walking up to the gazebo and folding my arms in-front of my chest.

I saw the women who was dancing with Johnny give me a dirty look as she eyed me up and down then scoffed but then continued to throw herself at Johnny.

"Aren't you dancing, Doc?" Kellerman answered with a smile as he walked over and patted my father on the back.

"He's waiting for a Waltz." My mother replied as I stood with nothing but utter boredom.

"Max! aren't my dance lessons starting to pay off?" The women spoke as Johnny looked at me but turned to look at Max.

"You look wonderful, Vivian. Brilliant!" Kellerman commented then turning to my father and rolling his eyes.

"That's Vivian Pressman, one of the bungalow bunnies." Kellerman spoke lowly as he tried to talk discreetly.

"That's what we call the women who stay here all week long, Their husbands only come up on weekends and Moe Pressman's a big card player. He'll join our game." Kellerman added.

"Moe arriving on Friday?" Kellerman spoke a little louder so Vivian could here.

"Friday!"

"He's away a lot, I know." Kellerman whispered.

I walked over to Billy and leaned against the railing as he searched through the musical lists for the show on the last night.

"Is this really classed as enjoyable?" I sighed while watching everyone dance.

Billy laughed then held his hand out, "If you do it right, come on."

I took his hand and he led me out next to Johnny and Vivian who was still clinging onto him, as I put one of my arms on Billy's shoulder and the other in his hand, we just swayed to the music and talked.

"This isn't what I'd imagine spending my time doing." I spoke as I rolled my eyes making Billy smile.

"Not the type of dancing you like?" Billy questioned with a smirk.

"I'd rather watch paint dry, but sometimes this dancing can be cute-" I replied before getting cut off by Baby who ran up to me.

"It's Penny." She whispered lowly so only Billy and I could hear and I instantly ran down with Baby while Billy and Johnny followed behind us.

"What are they doing here?" Johnny questioned.

"Hayley is friends with Penny and Baby will keep Neil at bay." Billy replied.

I pushed the door open and ran towards Penny as she looked up at me and let out a sigh of relief as I pulled her in for a hug and she hugged me back tightly.

"Hayley, I'm pregnant."