I probably sound so ungrateful right now, but I was taught to voice my opinions and concerns when I can. That way I'm not keeping secrets.

Damian frowns. I knew it, I'm definitely being really ungrateful. I mean we didn't even ask Mr. Wayne if it was okay that I came so he didn't even have the chance to say no.

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't like the room. I mean it's gorgeous and anyone would have to be blind to not see how amazing it is, really." I say, hoping to convey that I really do love the room. However, Damian's frown actually deepens.

 I feel my heart sink. I've been in this universe for not even a day, barely an hour, yet I've already caused 2 sour moods. Maybe I should just go home. I can't disappoint anyone if they aren't around to disappoint.

"Cora. Listen to me." Damian demands, grabbing my shoulders gently, but firm enough that I'm now paying 100% attention to him.

"You deserve this room. In fact, you deserve much more, but I am going to assume that father didn't want to overwhelm you with a bigger room. Stop worrying. This is all okay." He assures, staring into my eyes. 

I nod slowly. He could say anything to me with those eyes and I would say yes. His intense features soften once I nod, his grip loosening. 

"Good. Do you want some help unpacking?" He offers gently. My head spins just a little at the change in demeanor.

"Sure. Then do you think you could show me around?" I ask. If I express my doubts too much he'll frown again. I don't want to make him frown, so I may as well just enjoy what I'm given. 

"Absolutely. What do you need to unpack first?" He asks. I start taking off my backpack while I walk inside.

"Well, I think I'd like to get my personal items out of the way first, then just the clothes I brought and I can work out anything else I'll need," I say, pulling out the picture frame with me and my parents. I pause to look at us. This was from my first time in Portugal. We all look so happy. I already miss them.

I shake my head and place it on the nightstand. When I turn around I see Damian reading my black book. There's nothing I want to hide from him in there so I'll let him continue reading. I take my diary out from the bottom of the bag and place it in the drawer of my nightstand. 

I bring my bag with me to the wardrobe only to find that it's full of towels already. I consider asking Dami about it, but he's invested in my writing right now, so instead, I walk to what I now assume is the closet. 

I quietly open the door and I stop in shock. It's huge! There are drawers on the bottom and clothing hangers on the top. I don't think I could ever have enough clothes to fill half of it.

I drop my backpack on the floor, still just staring at the very large closet if you could even call it that. It's more like another room.

I shake my head, taking in a couple of deep breaths to calm my shock. This is supposed to be the smaller room?! I pull out the necessary clothes for the drawers and then take out the shirts I brought. I also brought a single dress just in case. It's not too fancy but it could do in a pinch.

Damian walks in as I'm starting to hang my clothes.

"So, how can I help?" He asks.

"You can help me hang these if you want. Or you could just keep me company." I offer, waiting for his response.

"I'll help. That is what I'm here to do, is it not?" Damian says with a soft smile. I really love when he smiles. It's good for my heart.

"Fair point. Here you go." I say, handing him a shirt. He takes it and we work in comfortable silence for a little bit. I didn't bring that many clothes.

"Hey Dami, where's the bathroom in this place? I have some stuff if there's room in the cabinets." I question. He raises a brow at me.

"It's on the other side of your room." He says. Is that what that other door is? Do I seriously have my own bathroom?

Deciding to go check it out, I walk to the only door I haven't opened yet. I grip the brass doorknob and pull it open. At this point, I should have expected what I see, yet I'm still shocked.

Pink marble walls and caramel marble floors. The sink is black granite and so is the shower floor.  An inlaid bathtub sits beside the shower, and the toilet is on the other side. I'm pretty sure this bathroom is the size of my room back in my universe.

I am not going to get used to this. I don't think it's humanly possible for me. I was never poor, but I can't even imagine being this rich.

A hand is placed gently on my shoulder. I startle once again, I suppose that happens when in a new environment. Or maybe that's just me.

"Cora, are you okay? It's just a bathroom." Damian states, concern lacing his words.

"Damian, this is not just a bathroom, this is the fanciest bathroom I've ever been in," I say, still in shock. I hear him chuckle softly.

"It's still just a bathroom. Everything works the same." He states, and while I'm not looking at him, I can hear the amusement still in his voice.

"I think, I think I should do this one later. Maybe if I see more it won't shock me so much?" I say. 

"Alright then, I suggest we go see the garden first," Damian states, using the hand on my shoulder to guide me back to the room. Just as we are about to leave I remember something.

"Hold on just a second," I say, running back into the room to grab something I am pretty sure I brought.

I return moments later with a string bookmark that I then tie around the door handle. I nod to myself in satisfaction.

"Now I can tell which room is the one I'm staying in," I explain to Damian, as he raised a brow at my actions.

"Okay, are you ready now?" He prompts. I give him what I hope is a steady smile.

"Yep lead the way!"