Bestiee😘💕: WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE HOUSE

Bestiee😘💕: Okay listen can you please just compliment him this is painful to watch 🥸

Y/N: If it's painful to watch you can always just stoP STALKING ME AND LEAVE 🙄😡

Y/N: okay but fr now that you're already here what do I say

Bestiee😘💕: Eyes sparkling wasn't good enough? 🤚🙄 Okay just say you like his style

"Hey Red Velvet, have I told you that I like your style? It takes something special to make a hot topic work uniform look good." You said to him, deciding to take Parfait's advice.
"Thanks... I could actually never dress like this back in high school so I'm trying to experiment now that I'm in uni." He said, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Oh... Did your school have a strict dress code?" You asked.
"It's not that... My mum would have had a fit if she saw me dress alternative, I dread to think what she would say if she found out I worked in a hot topic." He explained with a small smile, barely masking his worried expression.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to make you talk about this." You said apologetically. "Why do you work there anyway, surely it's hard working and taking Biochemistry at the same time?" You questioned, remembering that the Vanilla Uni was notorious for the workload.
"Just... Saving up for later I guess? I don't want to have to move back home after uni." He shrugged and absent mindedly stirred his coffee. "And student loans are kicking my ass too."

You winced "I know the feeling... Might just drop out and live as a hermit." You joked, "You can come visit me in my cave."
"Sounds lovely." He said, rolling his eyes. "Or maybe we could just... Hang out normally?" He suggested casually.

You saw Parfait giving you a thumbs up from behind him.

"You want to hang out with me again?" You asked in disbelief, "I thought you were annoyed that I dragged you into a photoshoot today..."
"No! I mean... You're less annoying than I thought..." He quickly said, "I actually had a good time today..." He was looking down at the table, face flushed.

You were faintly aware of your phone buzzing on the table, but ignored it for now. "Oh! I had a good time too, I don't have a lot of friends in this town yet so I would love to meet up again some time!" You told him with a bright smile.

He seemed to flush an even darker red before downing his coffee and standing up quickly from the table. "Oh, look at the time! I have to go... I'll see you soon Y/N!" He said as he waved goodbye and quickly walked out the front door. You shouted a goodbye after him and waved until he turned the corner.

The second he was out of sight Parfait sprinted over to your table and shook you by the shoulders. "Y/N!!! Oh my god he's so cute did you see the way he ran away!!! AHHH you look so cute together!!" She gushed.
"I know Parfait I was there!" You gently pushed her into the seat across from you to save your arms from her grip. "And today is literally the first time we've hung out."

"I know but I'm so excited for you!!" She clasped her hands together.

"Anyway Parfait... How did you know I was here? And why were you watching me?" She froze and a bead of sweat trickled down her forehead.
"Ahaha does it really matter?" She said, twiddling her fingers as you gave her a death glare.
"Okay fineee you left 'find my phone' on and I was just so excited!! I had to know how it was going! And I'm so glad I came that was so juicy!" The sparkle slowly returned to her eyes as she talked.
"I couldn't really hear you from over there though so I need you to tell me everything!!"

"Well we just talked about normal stuff pretty much... He's sort of, mysterious though? I feel like there's stuff he's hiding... We talked a lot but I barely know anything about him." You pondered, as Parfait nodded.
"He does seem the scary type," Parfait paused for a second," Maybe he has tons of horrible secrets he's hiding!" She said, a bit too excitedly, eyes sparkling.

"Or maybe I'm a complete stranger who he doesn't want knowing everything about him," you reasoned, ruffling her hair. "Anyway can we head home, I'm really excited to edit these photos from today! And shouldn't you be learning lines or whatever it is you need to do for performing arts?" You asked her with an eyebrow raised.

"This was much more interesting, the lines can wait." She grabbed your half finished coffee and downed it before you had time to react, then headed for the door. "And your photos always turn out amazing Y/N! Especially when the model is like some kind of mysterious Emo Casanova."

After a painful 30 minute bus ride where you were relentlessly teased by Parfait, you made it home and spent the evening editing the photos from the shoot earlier that day. You came across the candid photo of Red Velvet's small smile and couldn't stop your own smile from spreading across your face. He looked so different from his usual deadpan or slightly grumpy looking expression, and you couldn't help feeling that he looked sort of... Pretty?

After a bit of deliberation you opened your phone and set it as your background, hoping you would remember to change it before you next saw him. 'A moment of weakness..." You thought to yourself, not regretting your decision.

You opened up your messages to send Red Velvet a few of the photos, and were greeted by an array of messages from Parfait. You had forgotten that she was texting you earlier. You skimmed through the messages, laughing at a couple of cryptic, blurry photos she had managed to take, before sending the photos from the shoot to Red Velvet as you had originally intended.

You rarely felt self conscious about your work, but deep down you really hoped he liked them.

Before long he responded

Red Velvet: They look great!! Thank you for today, it was fun :)

You flopped down onto your bed, relieved, and before long drifted off to sleep.

-
I did a little doodle for this chapter, parfait went spy mode 🥸 Thank you for all your comments so far I'm rlly happy people like the fic!!