Preface

Screaming beneath the water- that's what it felt like to be in hell. Where your screams are unheard and your pain is invisible to the outside world. It's like your intestines grinding against one another until the latter bursts, but on the outside- you're completely fine. Or at least that's how I was. 

   Being dragged down to hell by a demon with yellow eyes. Damn that sucked... and all because I refused to help him capture a Dean Winchester? I mean... I knew who Dean was. My older sister had a thing with him ten years ago, when I was only ten. By the hunter status I received six months ago, yeah I knew who he was. Then again I wasn't exactly an active hunter. 

   I guess even for me, they have a special place in hell for those who destroy monsters. I was always on my back, spine against frozen ground with fire pouncing on my every breath. That was a mixture. I was quiet though. Unlike my cellmate, I didn't allow myself even in the pits of bones and death and torture, even then, I didn't allow the demon that tortured me the satisfaction of my pain. But god, I knew the voices and screams of the people around me. I knew Dean Winchester's like the back of my hand. You know, if I could grasp eyesight again. 

   Other demons, the torturess' and the god forsaken souls, those can take away one of your senses to scare you to your soul. Mine was Ruby. She cut out my eyes so I could feel the touch better, for others- she'd take out their hearing so they'd be mad inside and out. Those alwyas screamed the loudest. 

   Ruby had a hissing voice that was almost sensual. But it wasn't a bittersweet kind of relationship we had, it was more, I'd laugh instead of scream and she'd take time out of her eternal day to create even more excrusiating agony for me. 

   But it wasn't all terrible and vicous like hell is rumored to be. Of course, I wouldn't send my past enemies here but for the moments of relief- it's a bit fascinating. Besides the blood, fire, and more guts that linger on every wall like a canvas- it was kind of like a house with a million doors. Hunters were always kept apart except for Dean and I. I remember when this cell was mine, when only my blood hit the dirt walls, dripped back down onto my face from the ceiling. Then one day, the man with yellow eyes came in. 

   In a voice like black velvet he said: "Well, you sacrificed your pretty little life for nothing. We still got who we wanted. And just so you can be reminded..." he paused and gave me a grim smile. Even for being Lucifer, damn he was handsome. "We brought you a present. Say thank you." 

   Staring into his eyes felt endless, a hundred years could have passed before I could comprehend his words. His movement went fluid as his soldiers came in, bearing the weight of a full sized man upon their palms. I knew it was Dean Winchester by his gasps of pain as they threw him down onto the ground. I now know the sounds of his bones grinding. I'd know them for ever. 

   I spit on the ground near one of the demons whose eyes flashed then disappeared into thin air. 

   From then on, I was a roomie with Dean Winchester. I never thought I could know more swear words than at the end of my life but he sure proved me wrong. His torture was similiar to mine except a lot worse. They took away his sense of smell so I doubt he knew that he was breathing. They took his hearing, filled his ears with black encrusted blood. I thought his brains were all goo but every once in a while, I'd hear him ask for Sammy. That's how I knew he was still in the present. 

   I never saw his face until September 18. It was after an eternal torture. For me, I was walking on a knife's edge. Right on the tip... my feet were splitting open yet still I was forced to stroll like it was nothing. My chest rose and fell so rapidly that if I were alive, I'd still be dead. The demon laughed in my face, her voice echoing and shuddering deep in my bones. 

    Imagine my surprise when I went from that to breathing in oxygen.