→CHAPTER SEVEN←

Start from the beginning

"Brother Arjen doesn't really have a nickname," Arceo replied for him.

-that's a lie, I come up with nicknames for everybody. When we were younger, his were 'Arg' or something. 

I don't think he liked it that much... They averted their eyes on their last thought.

"Oh... It's probably because your name is already pretty." Alex comforted as if Arjen was feeling left out.

"Isn't that right? All of our brothers were named by my mother, but you three were the only ones who were named by father." Alex explained at each of the triplets.

"yes..." Arien mindlessly said as both she and Arjen looked down at the grass.

Arceo at this point had already finished their crown for Arjen and stood on their knees behind Arjen to put it on.

"I think that's because the emperor knew that Rurahel wouldn't name us-?!" Arceo nonchalantly said a theory they came up with. 

But as they finished both putting the crown on Arjen and the sentence. A stinging pain electrified through their palm.

"Tch!" They quickly threw their hands back and tried to hide it but Alex saw it and moved to them.

"You must've gotten bit by a bug on one of the flowers. I'll heal it, come here." Alex had already reached them and was close enough to see the scars peaking through their sleeve. 

His eyes widened and then narrowed at them as he mumbled something under his breath.

"No, no. It's fine, it'll heal by itself soon enou-" Arceo didn't get to finish their sentence as Alex suddenly and harshly pulled on their hand.

"ACK!!" Arceo shouted. "UGH...! shit." They grunted and looked at Alex. To them, he looked like he was glaring at them in distaste or something akin to anger.

"ARCEO!!" Both Arjen and Arien shouted worriedly at them.

Their eyes widened as their pupils shook. Their heart fastened as they remembered something they never wanted to.

Punches, slashes, and screams were all that was heard through the hallway of the mansion.

A grown-up could be seen gripping a child by the neck as they struggled for air. Eyes brimming with tears.

"Let go of Arceo!" Arceo's ears were ringing. The voices around them seemed distant.

The previous session opened up some old wounds as drops of blood pooled to the wooden floor.

"M-mothe-!*hic!" The child looked up at the grown-up as they struggled to form a sentence, only to be met with eyes filled with anger and hatred.

Their body was trembling in fear. Eyes threatening for tears to spill.

Alex had abruptly dropped them.

As the adult grew tired of holding her child up. She threw him harshly on the ground.

The child coughed and coughed. Taking erratic breaths as they tried to regain some air.

Arceo trembled as they tried to get away from Alex.

"M-MOTHER PLEASE I'M SORRY! I PROMISE I'LL DO BETTER!!" They pleaded through tears. Hand on their throat to soothe the aching pain.

"I-I'm sorry m-mother...! I promise I'll do better!" They subconsciously blurted out, eyes trembling in fear.

The woman paid no attention to that as she got a sharp object prompted in her hand. The child could only look at her in fear and horror.