C H A P T E R T W O

"Well, hot and heavy

Pumpkin pie

Chocolate candy,

Jesus Christ

There ain't nothing

Please me more than you"
____
~ Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

C H A P T E R  T W O||

Maeve and Hawk didn't talk until they were at his house.

"Hey, do you still want to hang out?" Maeve asked softly as they unbuckled.

He looked up surprised, so caught up in his thoughts that he almost forgot she was there.

"Of course." The boy smiled lightly.

Together they made their way inside.

"Hey, you're home early." His mom yelled from the living room.

"Yeah, we decided to call it a day." He answered her, walking into the living room with Maeve trailing behind him.

"Oh, Maeve! What a nice surprise! How are you?" She asked the blond, smiling widely.

The woman was glad that they were back together.

"Hello, I'm doing great, thanks. How are you?" Maeve smiled politely.

"I'm good too, you're staying for dinner right?" The woman asked, making her nod after looking at her boyfriend, making sure it was okay with him.

"We're going up to my room, all right?" Hawk told her already making his way towards said room.

"Of course. Eli, can you please take out the trash first?" She asked quickly.

"Sure. I'll be right back. You can go pick out a movie." He told Maeve who nodded, making her way towards his room.

Maeve loved his room it was big and he even had his own bathroom.

Instead of choosing a movie she sat down on his bed, making herself comfortable.

Hawk came into the room a few minutes later watching as she arranged his pillows to her liking.

He smiled, walking over to her.

"Hey." She said as the red haired boy laid down beside her.

"Hey." He smiled lightly.

"Are you okay?" Maeve asked him running her hand through the part of his hair that wasn't put up.

Hawk closed his eyes at the feeling. He loved when she ran her fingers through his hair when he didn't put it up into his signature Mohawk.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He said quietly.

"Don't lie." She told him.

He opened his eyes again.

"It's just- I feel like there's no place for me. Cobra Kai is messed up, Eagle Fang is pissed at me and so is Miyagi-Do. I mean they have every right to be pissed at me, after everything I did. But it also feels like everything I do is wrong and that sucks." He told her.

"Hey, you still have me. And Demetri and Miguel. We all want you to be there with us. Yes, the others might need more time to trust you again, but once they see how much you changed they'll come around I promise. We'll get through this." Maeve smiled softly at him.

She could see that this was really getting to him and she was glad that he decided to talk to her.

Hawk smiled back and took her smaller hands into his own.