he's on his way

"you can't leave me, if you leave, i won't know who i am anymore," mj shrieks as peter puts on his mask, half his body already out the window as michelle tugs the rest of it inside their room. peter can't help but frown as he watches his girlfriend say that stuff, she would be fine on her own with out him and besides, it was only a robbery in progress, and nothing ever happens with robberies.

"mj, i will be right back, okay, i swear, i'll be right back, and then we can cuddle all you want, okay," he reassures her, kissing her forehead before slipping out of the window.

michelle has tears in her eyes as she watches him, and as she watches him swing through she shouts that she loves him but he's to far to hear her.

in all honesty, mj wasn't sure why she was so worried for peter, he'd been gone multiple times and always came, injured and bleeding out, but he always came so when peter went to save a family who were being held hostage in a bank, mj knew peter would be back, he always did.

peter and mj, were fresh out of college, both graduating from nyu and living together for more than three years. they were euphoric together, they were the han and leia of this generation. they were the complete opposites for one another but somehow they made it work, because that's who peter and mj were, in love until the very end.

so mj watched peter swing, swing, and swing until he was a speck in the distance, heart still beating rapidly and hand on her slightly swollen stomach, yeah they were forever.

**

michelle jones walked hand and hand with her son, ben, as her feet touched the soft but crispy blades of grass that crunched with every step, she held flowers in her other hand. they were daisies, the colors of the sky and the color red, that remind her of a fire.

little ben caresses his mother's fingers as he finds himself watching his mother with sadness. he was only three but he already knew the true wonders of the world.

mj finds herself stopping at a certain tombstone.

"mommy," ben speaks up for the first time, "when's daddy coming?" he was staring at his shoes.

mj places the flowers on the ground of dirt that covered a coffin,"soon, baby, real soon."