(1) Unread Messages

You and your friend Beomgyu were in his room, playing a video game. An empty pizza box sat on the floor in front of you two. Cans of coke were there as well.

You had been in your train of thought, and you had no motivation to do anything. That's why Beomgyu's car passed you at the last minute and won the race.

Beomgyu placed his controller on the bed and looked at you. "Are you okay, Y/N? You're not acting like your normal self," he asked. "What do you mean?" you blankly say.

"Well, you always beat me on this car game; that's why it's so fun to play. But you just lost all the races we played, and I even beat you on one as well!"

You sighed. "It's nothing," you went back to the main menu of the video game. "Come on, let's keep on-"

Before you could finish your sentence, Beomgyu grabbed the remote from his nightstand and turned off the TV. You glared at him. "What was that for?"

Beomgyu crossed his arms. "We're not playing until you tell me what's wrong with you, Y/N." "There's nothing wrong with me," you argued. You reached over to grab the remote, but then Beomgyu threw it across the room, landing in his pile of dirty laundry. You weren't certainly not going to retrieve the remote from there.

You finally gave up, and Beomgyu wasn't going to stop bothering you about it. "Okay, so you truly want to know why am I this?" "Duh, that's why I asked," Beomgyu replied.

You took out your phone from your back pocket and went to the messaging app. Then you went to a center conversation and showed it to Beomgyu. "What do texts have to do with it?" he said. "Just look,"

You pointed at the five messages on your phone that were not read. It had started two days ago, and they were still on delivered.

"Do you remember that guy I had started to date last week?" you asked. Beomgyu nodded. "Yeah, that jerk Terry."

You snorted. "Terry is named Taehyun, but he's acting very weird. He usually replies to all my messages; I don't know why he stopped."

"It's called 'ghosting' Y/N," Beomgyu explained. "When someone ghosts, it means they don't want to talk to you."  Your friend leaned in closer to you, and you backed away. "What did you do to make him so mad?"

"I-I did nothing to him!" you exclaimed.

"Then why are you stuttering?" Beomgyu moved closer to you, and your back ended up hitting the headboard. "Because you're making me nervous!"

You pushed Beomgyu away from you, and he fell back onto the bed. He laughed, and you soon joined in as well.

Once you two calmed down, Beomgyu sat up and looked you in the eye. "Don't worry, Y/N, maybe there's a reason why Terry-"

"Taehyun,"

"Okay, whatever. There had to be a reason why Taehyun is like this. Have you tried to ask him at school?"

You nodded. "I tried, but Taehyun always walked past me like I was nothing."

Your eyes started to tear up. "I don't even know why my boyfriend is like this. What did I do wrong?"

Beomgyu wrapped his arms around you, embracing you tightly. Your head was on his shoulder, and you started to cry. Beomgyu patted your back and whispered, "It's okay," many times.

You released from the hug and wiped your tears with your sleeve. "Don't worry, Y/N. Taehyun will be back to his normal self." Beomgyu explained. "And besides," he rubbed your head, messing your hair. "No one can resist you!"

You smiled and grabbed his hand, placing it down on the bed. You were glad to have Beomgyu as a friend, for he always cheered you up.

You got off the bed and walked to the pile of laundry. Then pinching your nose, you picked up the remote and turned on the TV. You went back to the bed and handed Beomgyu back his controller, getting yours as well.

"Let's keep on playing," you said. "I can beat you now that I'm better."

—————
This story is my first TXT fanfic, so I hope you like it!
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!