The Night in the Tower

Silence hung heavy in the air as Spiderman sat on the cold concrete floor of the clock tower, holding the corpse of who was supposed to land in England at this time. A girl whose dreams lay dead, along with her cold dead body. Fresh tears fell on the blonde haired girl as Spiderman let out another heavy sob. Finally deciding that he had spent enough time holding her, he wiped his tears and stood up, carrying her soulless body. He left her outside the hospital and went back to his home, where his aunt waited for him.

The door creaked as Peter entered, head low and eyes bloodshot. Aunt May stood at the kitchen table, silently sobbing. Without uttering a word she went and gave him a hug. It was as if the last thread holding him together broke at the contact. Abruptly, Peter became a sobbing mess. His aunt didn't say anything but softly rubbed his back as he cried his heart out. Slowly and carefully, she led him to his room and he sat on his bed, a part of him still in disbelief.

"Peter, sit here, I'll bring you something to eat. Please just sit here"

Her voice held so much worry that all he could do was nod. She left the room, leaving him alone with nothing but deafening silence. He sat on his bed, replaying the moment she slipped through his hands and tears made their way onto his face again. He sighed and wiped his eyes, closing his eyes for sleep to come. But all that came were nightmares.

                Mary Jane sat on the sofa, still waiting for her best friend who was supposed to arrive by now. She looked at the clock again and it indicated that her friend was in fact 5 hours late. She quickly grabbed her phone and dialed her number. And no one picked it up. Sighing, she picked the remote up and turned the TV on. While changing channels, she land on the world news channel and decided to take a look at the latest news.

'in the latest appearance of the man who called himself Electro, 13 people were injured and while Spiderman took him out, there's been one casualty. A woman named Gwen Stacy was found dead, presumably killed in the attack. Sources say that she might've fled into the clock tower to save herself from Electro but fell from the top. Her body has been sent to her family after a thorough postmortem that declares 'broken neck' as the cause of her death. Keep watching for further details'

A muffled scream escaped Mary Jane's lips as the TV channel showed the dead body of Gwen Stacy being carried to an ambulance. There was no way she could be dead! They were both supposed to go to Oxford University together! Tears flowed in a rush as she tried to process this news. She got up quickly and started packing important stuff. She had to be there, she had to!

a/n

Sorry Sorry, I know these are annoying but I'm just dropping my fan cast for MJ here..

Did I just put Lily Potter as MJ? Yes Yes I did! I fan casted her as MJ ages ago. Plus I really love her and Andrew together. You guys can have your own fan cast though. Hope you'll enjoy what I'm doing with this story. I'll try to upload one chapter everyday.