And when the little girl turned five, her cursed energy had manifested into a technique the family had yet to witness for the past few generations. The Mind Technique had been bestowed upon young Y/N. 

Once it happened, it was no question that Y/N would one day rule the L/N Clan. After all, it was her who had inherited one of the most powerful cursed techniques from one of the most powerful and influential families. 

Her mother could see very well the potential she had but the two men were blinded by fury, very much against the situation dawning upon them. 

Living in a traditional Japanese-style home, Y/N's room was not far from everyone else's. Because of that, she could easily hear the conversations taking place in her Grandfather's room. Thin walls, after all. 

On that one specific night, Y/N was sitting on the floor by the wooden table in her room. Her eyes were gazing into the dark night sky. 

Dark blue painted the walls of the Earth, a minimal amount of shining stars scattered throughout the canvas of nature's crepuscule. A book laid wide open on the surface of her table, the pages staring out onto the room's ceiling. 

The words that fulfilled the purposes of the book were left ignored by the young girl as she tried hard to focus on something else other than the voices that entered her hearing. It was a book she had tried her hardest to steal from one of the large shelves in the home library. 

A young girl like her was not allowed to venture into the world of knowledge. Once she got her hands on that book, she was excited to read but halfway through, her mind couldn't focus. 

Not with the way her family was conversing in voices of shouts and screams in the other room. It wasn't unusual, though. 

And just like always, she could hear every word spoken. 

Once again, they were talking about her

How her existence was not meant to be. 

How they should have gotten rid of her just like they tried to get rid of the child with the Six Eyes. How she did not deserve the sacred Mind Technique. And the blame was not just towards the helpless child but also to her mother.

"This is your fault!" Y/N's Grandfather's voice roared through the house.

Y/N's Father, Akihisa, agreed to the older man's words. That was how it had always been. And Y/N's Mother, Aimi, would always stay quiet. 

But that night, Aimi decided to speak up. She decided it was finally time to let her opinions be known. She decided it was finally time she defended herself and her daughter. Two women that had fallen victim to the L/N family.  

"I disagree," Aimi spoke up, quickly gaining everyone's attention, including Y/N's. 

The young girl who was trying to put herself in a trance of nature broke her tries as her head snapped to where the walls stood in between her room and the other one. The faces of everyone who could hear the conversation scrunched into one of shock. 

"You know it yourself," Aimi spat out, words harshly fronted. "This is stupid." 

Y/N's eyes widened even further, her legs pushed up for her to stand. Slowly, sneakily, she walked towards the blockade that was the wall. 

Her small palms were pressing gently against the wall, lending support as her head was buried in the space between. Her right ear was close against the wall to allow herself a clearer path to hear the conversation. 

"I am tired of hearing all that you've said about my child!" Aimi protested the glares she received from the men that stood before her. "Y/N will be powerful despite all that you say. She was chosen by her ancestors to inherit the Mind Technique. Not even you have it," she added, her eyes and words overtaken by anger. "One day, she will rule over you both," Aimi let out, not realizing that she had taken angry strides towards the head of the clan.