vii. how did this happen

𑁋 trigger warning

post suicide attempt

seven ; how did this happen

( august 8 2022 )

ONE THING EVANGELINA Mikaelson did not expect was to wake up. She was expecting a bright light, maybe a creepy voice saying, "Come to me," or something. She didn't expect to wake up and find herself laying in an extremely uncomfortable bed.

She looked down at herself, expecting to be able to see through her skin, that would at least confirm she was a ghost. Instead, she saw a hospital gown covering her body that stopped at her calves. Her skin was deathly pale, and was littered with black and purple bruises. Her entire body hurt, she felt like she got run over by a truck, possibly a diesel. She felt more dead than alive, and that was saying something.

But she couldn't deny that that feeling of hopelessness, and pain wasn't as powerful as it was the last few weeks. It was still there, like an incessant pounding at the back of her head. It was like she slammed a door, and it was on the other side. Still there, but unable to get to her. She could feel it try to open the door, try to get to her, but she wouldn't let it. Every time she felt like the door was going to burst, she slammed the door shut, and locked all the locks. Trying to keep it away. Trying to keep the small semblance of normalcy before her world came crashing down, again.

It all came crashing down too fast.

The door, that she just now noticed, opened, and two people walked in. Her hackles raised, pulling her feet up to her chest. Her green eyes flew up to the dorr, only slightly relaxing once she saw it was Agent Coulson and only a black haired woman. She stared at them as they walked further into the room, her eyes staring at them. She didn't trust either of them, sure Agent Coulson was nice to her the last time she saw him, but that didn't exactly earn her trust.