Number 14

Taylor

"Come on tay! I don't want to go alone!" Layla whined as she shook my arm with puppy dog eyes.

"I should study! Why don't you just go alone?" I try turning her down as kindly as possible.

"This is my first time going to one of his games since we started dating! If I go alone he will think I'm obsessed with him!" Layla argues.

"You are obsessed with him." I mumble with a roll of my eyes.

"I know!" Layla fake cry's

"Please Taylor, you might even see a boy you like." She nudges me in the ribs with a convincing smile.

I take a second to look and her. See in her gorgeous blue eyes if she genuinely wants me to come, and I can tell she does.

I hesitated for a moment more before finally giving her my final answer.

"Fine." Layla immediately jumps with joy.

"Yes yes yes! This will be so fun!" She spins me around happily and I can't help but laugh along.

"Your lucky I'm going, I could be doing much better things." I say sarcastically .

"Like what? Study?" Layla raised her brow and crossed her arms.

"Exactly." I wink and she rolls her eyes jokingly before tugging my arm to our dorm room closet.

Layla opens up the closet doors to reveal all of our clothes. She picks out some leggings and a hoodie. She hands both items to me with a stupid smile plastered on her face.

I raised my brows and look from her to the clothes and then back to her.

"Really?"

"What?" Layla's smile dropped and so did her arms.

"Nothing, nothing." I chuckle and take them from her.

I head over to my bed and begin to change as Layla picks out her clothes to wear to this hockey game.

Layla is totally head over heals for this Dylan guy. I've met him a couple of times but not enough times for me to like him.

He is a total hockey freak. He plays on the college team and apparently some of them can make it to the NHL, which I personally don't think is possible since none of them are good.

I have hated ice skating since I was 14. Any type. Doesn't matter what they are doing, I hate ice skating.

Right now me and Layla are in college learning to become nurses. 3 more months and I become a intern.

"Done?" I turn to Layla who's hands are on her hips when I realize I've been staring into nothing.

I nod.

We both grab something to eat and leave the dorm room apartment. The arena is down pretty far from the school.

Layla is making me drive because she says my car is nicer, which it most definitely is.

Layla has been my best friend for 19 years. Our moms were best friends until mine passed away 3 years ago. That time was a pretty rough patch for me and my dad.

"Turn left here." I do and I see a huge building. Tons of cars are parked in the lots and all around it.

"This is the rink?" I look up to the top of the building through the cars windshield.

"Yeah, it's smaller than the rinks the normally play on, that's what Dylan says." Layla explains casually.

"How the fuck is this 'smaller'?" I look at her quickly then bring my attention back to parking.