Chapter 6 - Good Friend

My whole body is aching!
What a hectic weekend!
I need to exercise more, a run for an hour around the neighborhood would be nice. I'll just walk to school.

Yesterday, I came home late since I needed to stay in the store until it closed. I talked to the staffs in behalf of dad, I talked to the person they think who can be the next manager. Tomorrow, the manager from Tokyo would arrive, and I need to go there after club activities.

I'm tired already and it's only Monday. I went to school early though, to leave my equipments there.

"Good morning!" I flinched as I turned towards that voice and it was Ono.

"... it's too early, can you pipe down?" I sighed then looked at him "morning, you sure are early"

"Yeah, I brought my equipments too" he answered then pointed at me "you as well, huh?"

Now that seeing him closely, he has a short, wavy brown hair and he has brown colored eyes. He is as tall as Sayaka.

"Good thing we'll have proper practice from now on. It's crazy though that Kuwabe-sensei is our homeroom teacher and coach as well"

"Our? You are in the same class?" He asked and I looked at him in disbelief

"At least remember your classmate"

"Sorry, sorry" he laughed "then let's go to class together. I didn't know you are my classmate"

"I'll just put my equipments to my locker"

I went to girl's locker room and left my equipments there.

~

Ono and I went to our class together. Just talking about practice routine.

As we were walking towards our class, my Monday morning was again greeted by Akashi's cold gaze. He was walking towards us, but his gaze wasn't wavering, and just upfront. Obviously, he didn't care about our presence at all.

Once we passed each other, I heard Ono sighed in relief

"Akashi-sama's demeanor is really scary!" He breathe out "ever since the first time I saw him, he is really scary"

"You know Akashi before?" I asked and he looked at me, horrified "what?!"

"You call him without honorific?! You sure have guts!"

"I don't. We're enemies anyways" I immediately responded and again asked him "then, how did you know Akashi?"

"I watched his last game during middle school. Didn't you watch that? It was a crazy game, it was a big news"

"I didn't. I lost interest in basketball." I honestly told him

"I watched their last game because a friend of mine told me that their team reached the winter cup finals. It was one sided though. We all knew the members of generation of miracles are strong, but to think they planned things how to close their middle school championship" he chuckled dryly and shook his head as he continued "can you guess what they did?"

"What did they do?" I curiously and nervously asked back

"The score was 111-11" he laughed "but if you watched what really happened, you would curse them" he looked at me and smirk "the score was actually 111-9, but what they did, they were the one who shoot it to their opponents rim."

"Don't tell me... 111-11... to show that they were number one?!" I asked in disbelief and he nodded

"Yeah, my friend who was playing there couldn't contain the pain. But much worse was one of their members had a friend from Teiko, though that friend didn't play during the finals because of injury. It was scary, traumatic, and painful, a painful memory for the players. That was why when I found out that Akashi-sama would be here, I felt scared, but at the same time relief since we are in the same school. I won't feel the painful memories from him, but then the other members are in other school"