Chapter 80: The Heart Hiding Away Jade

Start from the beginning

Yue Zhishi didn't speak.

It was very rare for him to not answer a question from Song Yu.

When he saw Yue Zhishi's eyes turn red, gaze avoiding him and looking towards a different direction, and saw his chest rise and fall from his deep breaths, Song Yu couldn't continue. Very quickly, he leaned over and wrapped Yue Zhishi into his arms. He circled his ams around him with some strength and said he was just casually asking, there was no further meaning behind his question.

But Yue Zhishi still didn't speak. Because of his silence, Song Yu instantly gave up many of the thoughts floating around in his mind.

"I won't ask such useless questions anymore." Song Yu kissed Yue Zhishi's earlobe, his voice very soft, very quiet as he promised, "It's impossible for us to not be together."

Yue Zhishi held onto Song Yu's waist, burying his face into Song Yu's collarbones.

He no longer had any ability to say lies like [I'd leave all of you behind and live by myself].

Song Yu had very repetitive dreams that night. He dreamed of an endless black sea, and he and Yue Zhishi were huddled against each other in an old and worn-out little boat. He liked being able to see what was coming at a glance, and yet he was trapped on the sea, adrift and directionless.

After a period of time, Yue Zhishi suddenly stood up from his arms and walked to the edge of the boat, gazing outwards to the world beyond with great expectation. The Song Yu in the dream was a bit flustered, but he realised he couldn't move at all — he could only stare and watch as Yue Zhishi stood on the edge.

Yue Zhishi fortunately didn't end up jumping down. He returned back to Song Yu's side, caressing his arm, and then embraced him.

The boat didn't head towards any particular island, and once it became morning, Song Yu woke up. Yue Zhishi was correct — he truly did have poor sleep quality.

Yue Zhishi was still sleeping next to him, his fingers lightly resting on Song Yu's arm. His breaths came evenly and deeply, and his curled up sleeping position was very similar to how he'd looked in Song Yu's dream.

Having just woken up, Song Yu's mind was still slightly cloudy. He wanted to get out of bed and drink some water, but he'd just sat up when he felt something tugging at his hand. He looked over, lifting the caught hand, and saw a long and thin black ribbon tied around his wrist. He didn't know when it'd been wrapped around him.

Following along the line, he found the other side.

It was tied around Yue Zhishi's right hand.

The typhoon left Guangzhou together with them before they each went their own separate paths.

The few days in Guangzhou had been like a dream: beautiful yet unrealistic. As he travelled back to his familiar campus, Yue Zhishi thought — it wasn't just Guangzhou.

Ever since he'd gotten together with Song Yu, every day was like a dream.

Yue Zhishi fell asleep again on the bullet train, and when he woke up, he noticed he was holding something in his hand. Song Yu pretended to not know anything, allowing Yue Zhishi to clutch his arm and ask many, many questions, like 'is this your present to me?' or 'when'd you put it into my hand?'. He only admitted to it after he felt Yue Zhishi's chatter was possibly bothering other people, turning his head over and stopping Yue Zhishi's lips from moving with a kiss.

"I didn't actually find this. It's a mineral I bought from a local." Song Yu was extremely honest.

"That's fine, I feel like you can't keep finding expensive stones anyway." Yue Zhishi played with the stone in his hand, a lustrous dark green seen from the cut side. "What kind of stone is this?"