【Chapter 9】

Mom and Dad eventually heard about what happened in the casa so they picked up both me and Cielo, as soon as I reached my room, I took my hair clip and ruana off. I fell on my bed and slept right away, someone was knocking on my door, "Lara, wake up, it's 9 in the morning" Daniel talked from the other side of the door. "Camilo is looking for you" he said before leaving, I took my glasses and went outside, not bothering to change or anything. He was sitting on the couch with Mia and Rio, "Camilo" I called out as he looks at me, "Morning bonita" he stood up. "What's up?" I yawned, "I just wanted to see you.." he said scratching his head from embarrassment, "Follow me" I said as she nods. I went to the kitchen to get an orange, he pops his head from the side, "Where are we going hermosa?" he asked as I look at him with my half awake eyes. "My room" I answer, "A-are you sure I'm allowed in your room?" he whispers as I fix my glasses, "It is my room" I smile at him.

I open the door, "Close the door after coming in" I said before sitting on my bed. I pat the space next to me as he sits, "Peel this for me while you tell me what's bothering you" I handed him the orange as I lay down. "How did you know?" he ask, "I could see it in your eyes, usually around this time you're out there doing your job" I answer, "You're good at noticing stuff real quick hermosa" he said. "I picked it up while taking care of my...sister" I whisper, "Anyway, stop with the nickname, I just woke up and here you are calling me pretty or something" he laughs and I glared at him. "No matter what you look Lara, you would always look pretty in my eyes" he said as I stare at him and turn around, "Can you tell me now on what's bothering you?" I said as I try to calm down. 

"About Mirabel..I think we're being unfair to her" Camilo said, "You think?" I muttered, "I never noticed that we neglect her, she's my cousin and I didn't even bother to check up on her" I turn around to look at him. "I was too busy with making Abuela proud, doing my job, making mi familia proud, that I forgot about my best friend...mi prima" he finished peeling the orange, and sighed, I sat up making him look at me. "You could always make it up to her" I said as he got close and hugged me, "She must have been so hurt, I wish I could turn back time where I stayed by her side and helped her" he mumbled on my shoulder. His grip tighter around my waist and wrap his legs on me, "I'm afraid she'll hate me.." he said, I pat his head and rubbed circles on his back. "Can we please stay like this for a while bonita?" ha asked, "Sure sure" I said as he snuggles more into my shoulder, "My neck is ticklish" I blurted out as he let out a giggle.

A few minutes passed, I could hear someone giggling, I open my eyes to see a grinning Cielo and a confused Daniel. "Anong kalokohan nanaman ginagawa niyo" (What clownery are you two doing again) I groaned, I tried to turn but I couldn't instead something gripped on me tighter. I look down to see a peacefully sleeping Camilo, "What is Camilo doing there, sleeping with you?" Daniel asked, "He wanted to have a talk" I answered. "Talk about what? Sleeping with you?" Cielo giggled, "It's about Mirabel kasi gago" (It's about Mirabel, you idiot) I threw a pillow at her. "Such foul words Lara" Daniel said as I glare at him, "Not like you don't curse" I said and rolled my eyes. "Anyway, wake up Camilo, lunch is ready Mom said that he should eat with us" he said before leaving with Cielo, "Camilo! Camiloooo!" I whisper shouted as he groans. 

"Wake up you heavy sleeper!" I accidentally pushed him off the bed, "Ugh.." he rubs his head, "Oh lo siento" I said sitting up and fixing my hair, "Where am I" he rubs his eyes. "In my room, estúpido" I chuckle as he looks at me, "Oh, mi amor~" he sleepily smiles, "Get up Camilo, we're going to eat" I said after tying my hair in a ponytail. "Where? Who?" he stood up and stretched, "Here, with my family" I answered, "Oh...OH?" he looked at me shocked. "What? C'mon, they don't bite Camilo" I said leaving the room with him, "Still! It's your familia bonita! I could have brought something?" I stopped and looked at him, "You'll be fine" I said and fixed his hair. "It's not like I'm introducing you to them as my boyfriend or something" I joked, "That isn't a bad idea" he smirks, "Oh shut up" I said before we reached the dining area.

"We're happy to have you here today Camilo" Lola said smiling at Camilo, "Gracias Señora" he said. "I see that you and Lara are pretty close, close enough to sleep with each other eh?" Lolo teased, "Lolo" I called out feeling embarrassed. "Camilo ah, I know that you and mi hija are not dating, if you don't have any plans on dating her then I advice to stop whatever you're doing because I don't want her crying" Dad said as I face palm, "Papa, don't scare Camilo like that or he'll really not date Lara" Cielo said as I glare at her. "Ah hijo, how's the casa?" Mom asked, "Well it's holding up pretty good, the cracks disappeared and everyone's trying to take their minds off of it" he answered, "Is that why you're here? To take your mind off of it and just spend quality time with my sister?" Daniel asked crossing his arms.

"Such a protective brother, what about you and Isabela secretly seeing each other huh?" Cielo smirks, "YOU AND ISABELA??" I accidentally shouted from surprise, "NOT LIKE THAT! We just bump into each other very often that's all!" he said in defense. "Uh huh sureee~" Cielo teased, "Kuya is dating Isabela?" Mia asked, "No Mia, Isabela is engaged to someone else so it'll be wrong for Kuya to date her" I said as she nods. "Mama! Me and Kuya Camilo are going to play!" Rio giggled pulling Camilos hand, he looks at me first before I laughed, "Alright, Camilo please take care of him" Mom said as Camilo nods being dragged by a 5 year old, "We approve of him already mi hija" Lola said as I look at her in confusion.

"Pardon?"