→CHAPTER SIX←

Start from the beginning

The emperor was silent as if lost in his thoughts but still nodded.

The servant quickly bowed and went to get the warm milk as soon as they saw the nod.

I suppose we have to get permission for the things we're going to do. Arceo observed.

The servant was quick and brought back the glass of warm milk to Arceo.

Arceo mindlessly slide it to their sister.

[The next couple of paragraphs will be the emperor's thoughts.]

Illegitimate children can only be an emperor's weakness, but I couldn't bring myself to kill them.

They were royal babies with my golden hair. They were all so small and light.

I concluded that if I couldn't kill them, then it'll be best to hide their existence forever.

and 5 years later, I got a report saying that Rurahel had died. Which led me to meet those three children who just turned 5-years-old.

They were so small that it seemed like they would break if I held them incorrectly.

I couldn't help but question myself. Did I...do the right thing?

As the meal came to an end, the triplets then got sent back to their rooms.

Upon coming back, all the built-up stress crashed on Arien as she passed out on the bed, but not before getting washed up and changed.

Arceo and Arjen had a talk about what had happened during the meal before they also rested beside Arien.

As morning came the three took their time with their breakfast and had to stay in their room.

They sat on the couch and mostly talked with each other and read books.

They moved around the room and ended up on their bed. Arjen was laying on his back with his hands behind his head, Arceo and Arien was both laying on their stomach.

Arien was using her elbows as support as she swung her legs up and down with a bored expression, while Arceo was burrowing themselves further into the bed.

'Arjennn, Arceoo' Arien said, dragging out the last letter of their names.

'Yeah?' 'Hm?' Arjen and Arceo replied simultaneously.

'Just how long do we have to stay in this room? And with all of the servants too.' Arien whined.

'I mean, we could just ask to go out y'know.' Arceo said as they lift their head up to meet their siblings.

'Do you think we could do that?' Arjen asked. He too, like his siblings was bored out of his mind and uncomfortable with the extra people present with them.

"Imperial prince, Imperial princesses. We can escort you to the backyard if you want." As the servants glanced at the children's state, one of the maids spoke up.

The three quickly sprung up from their positions as soon as the maid finished the sentence.

Arjen and Arien were quick to reply as Arceo nodded vigorously.

"We'll go!!"

_____

Welp this chapter is short :looking away:

but I think there will be angst in the next chapter [if I can managed to pull that off]

ANyway! Here's a scene that I couldn't pitch in this chapter :D

---

Arceo reached out to grab the teapot as they have finished their tea and wanted to pour more.

Once the liquid reached the cup, an aroma reached Arceo's nose and they visibly lit up.

As they finished pouring, they quickly took a sip of it with a flowery aura surrounding them as they also swung their legs under the table.

The aura surrounding them seemed to also have an effect on the people around them as they all either stare at them or have a slight smile on their faces.

Some wanted to pat the little royal but suppressed doing so as it would seem improper.

But the sister of the said royal got the privileged of patting their head, a smile adorned her face as she watched her little sibling sip of their drink.

It was quite uncommon for Arien and Arjen to see their little sibling genuinely happy.

The teapot that Arceo grabbed was actually filled with coffee.

It brought out some nice memories for them as they drink the coffee giddily.

---

:>

There you go. My attempt at writing slight(?) fluff :D

Anysewayseses ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ bye-bye now :wave:

~Coffé