Triss gasp at the thing while Velorina tilt her head curious, "Gods. What is it?" Triss ask. "You ask a lot of questions." Velorina say to her in annoyance. Triss ignores her, "I've never seen anything like it." Geralt answers rubbing his hand on Velorina back to clam her but to also comfort himself, "But it did try to get her, both of them did." "For what?" Geralt shrug his shoulders, "I didn't let it live long enough to find out." 

Velorina decided to keep the fact that she believed the monster was more curious about the girl than trying to attack or harm. "Can a mage make this?" Geralt ask. Triss shake her head, "Creating monsters has been outlawed for centuries." Velorina and Geralt both roll their eyes, "Oh outlawed. So definitely not a Mage then." Geralt smirk with cheekiness. Triss laugh at the two, "There's one way to find out. May I?" She ask.

Velorina watch as she put a beaker towards the monster taking a sample than reciting a spell. "If there is any sign of mutagenic alchemy, if a mage has been involved. That component will glow." Triss explain to the class. "We will know by morning." Velorina was disappointed that she had to wait 12 whole hours.

Velorina walk back outside to enjoy the night breeze, the night was dark and freezing. For Velorina it was the perfect night for a good hunt, "Velorina." She turn around seeing Triss behind her, "What do you want?" She ask.

"I just wanted to run something by you." Triss answers carefully, Velorina raise an eyebrow. Geralt warn her that Velorina hasn't been comfortable with the young girl and to tread softly. Triss had to admit, Velorina was an intimidating woman. Higher Vampire or not, with her midnight blue hair and height. The mysterious behind those eyes, and the power that Triss couldn't sense but know it's there hiding made Velorina a dangerous foe if she wasn't on your side.

Learning about Higher Vampires and seeing one in the flesh, in a Witcher school no less. Triss had to wonder just how bold these beings truly are. It seem Velorina wasn't the least bit worried about being surrounded by monster killers, in truth. If Triss was a betting woman she would say Velorina wasn't, so asking for this favor. Triss knew it was going to be a shot in the dark.

Triss took a deep silent breath, "Can you help me to guide Ciri?" "Huh?" Velorina eyebrow going higher in her hairline. "She's going to need more than just my help. Not only teaching in alchemist and magic but also on how to be a woman in this world." Triss quickly explain.

Velorina fully run around staring at the mage, "Why would you ask me that?" She ask with confusion on her face. "Because she's gong to need all the help she can get. From different points of life, not only will she need to learn to fight from Geralt. But she also need to, you know." Velorina was disgusted by what she was implying, "No." Was all she said.

Triss frown, "What. Why? Just like that?" "Yes." Velorina answers. "Velorina. Ciri, is a special girl with a lot ahead of her. She need everyone help to even have a chance to survive, and plus she need to understand that just because she want to be a fighter doesn't mean she should neglect the fact that she is still a woman." Triss explains.

Velorina stare down at her hands that was griping the railing in front of her, she remember her mother saying those exact words to her. Just before her parents were suppose to train her, but was sadly killed before they had the chance. Triss waited to see what she would say, "That girl." Velorina start out. Turning around she stare hard to Triss, with eyes so full anger and hatred. "Is not my problem." Triss was taken back, "How could you say that?" 

Velorina stare up at the night sky, "How could you feel nothing towards her." Velorina stare at her like she just said the most stupidest thing. "The same way I fell nothing towards you or anyone here." She replies coldly. "The only person I do care about is that softy inside that made a stupid request. Anything else can just be the spit at the bottom of my shoe." 

Triss was completely taken back again. She was surprise at what Velorina said, her outlook just didn't add up. Granted Triss didn't know a thing about the woman, but even so the coldness in her eyes, the anger that flared. Triss can feel something was brewing inside of Velorina, and she wasn't sure how long it will stay at bay. "Velorina." Triss start. Velorina growls in annoyance, "Your starting to annoy me lady." "I know, but can I ask. What got you so angry and bitter? Is it really Ciri that has you this way? Or something else?" Triss ask with worry. True worry about the being in front of her.

Velorina couldn't believe what she was asking, "Leave." Velorina took a step forward, "Me." Triss watch as she got close to her face, eyes red as rubies sneering into her very soul. "Alone." Triss swallow nodding her head, "As you wish. But just know, that girl isn't going anywhere. And from the look of thing, Geralt is becoming more and more attached to the girl. What ever you have going on, you better decide what you want to do." Triss stare into those raging eyes with no fear, "Because Ciri isn't going anywhere." 

Velorina watch as the witch walk off, when Triss left her sight Velorina growls clenching her fist. "Fucking woman." Velorina turn away disappearing into the night. Geralt watch the whole thing with a sad sigh, running his hand over his face. He hope Velorina can see Ciri isn't as bad as she may have made up in her mind. He wanted the two to get along so badly.

He wanted what he saw in his dream become a reality even if Ciri wasn't their blood child. He wanted Velorina to embrace Ciri even for a fraction. He still held onto the hope of that happening, he will wait for it to happen naturally. It was clear time was needed, and that is something that is starting to feel more and more limited.