Chapter 3 Principal's Office

Mrs. Linda was inside the Principal's office, staring at a stack of documents in front of her. But as soon as I shut the door behind me, she glanced up and greeted us with a loving smile, which I was nervous about. It's because that smile could potentially hold a hold of meaning into it that I could not read.

"Ah, are you miss Stella's older sister Rosalie Stan?" Our Principal looked at Amy through her thick-rimmed reading glasses. Her poster changed as she sat up straight and folded her arms in front of her.

"Yeah, but my last name is Ferradin now." She answered.

Mrs. Linda's smile widened. "I see. Married already. Please, do have a seat." She gestured to the two chairs where my sister and I took one each in front of her.

Before looking back at the school's principal, my sister glanced at me and winked, which gave me more nervousness than assurance. I could hardly tell what she was thinking, so I hoped and prayed that it would be something helpful. Now, I really wish that it was Ace here instead.

"So miss..." My sister squinted her eyes to read the name displayed on top of the table, "...Linda," She started. "Is there a problem with my sister?" The bag that my sister brought was on the floor between us. When I saw her reaching cautiously towards it in preparation for her 'bribing plan', I reached out and slapped her hand away. My sister withdrew her hand and glared at me with a questioning gaze.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no." The principal immediately says with a shake of both of her hands. "Miss Stella is one of our brightest students in school."

My sister stopped glaring at me to turn to the principal. Her expression changed and she now wore a sweet and pleasant smile towards her, a skill that she acquired for being royalty. "She is?" She faked a gasp and a surprise before she covered it in a fake laugh. "But of course she is! My sister is brilliant. She's the Hermione Granger of the family!" She says proudly before her eyes beamed in delight. Her laugh reminded me of our Aunt Elizabeth, the previous queen of Thalia, who uses that tune when she wants to please people.

"Yes, indeed she is. Our school sees a lot of promise in her. But unfortunately..." There was a hesitation in the principal's voice that made Amy narrow her eyes at her suspiciously while reaching out for her bag again. I tried to stop her this time, but she took her bag of money and placed it on her lap with her quick reflexes. She gave me a side glance and smirked when she figured that she had won.

"UnfoWoahaWoah, what?" A hint of suspicion arose from her tone of voice as her hands went inside her bag, and I could already see her grabbing a wad of cash but wasn't taking it out yet.

"Rose!" I hissed warningly. "Don't!" I whispered. There was once when I called my sister with her second name - Amy. But because it created a lot of confusion, especially when we were in a party, I decided to practice calling her by her first name instead.

"Unfortunately, miss Stella refused to join any school clubs officially. Which makes it harder for us to enter her in any competitions at all." Mrs. Linda says while casting a glance in my way. I hastily fixed my posture and expression while smiling innocently at our principal. But at the back of my head, I was already planning how I would get out of this sticky situation.

"Huh?" My sister raised an eyebrow at our principal before she stood up straight and removed her hands from her purse to open them up to the principal like she was trying to stop her. "Woah woah woah!" She says with a confused expression on her face. "So...I'm here not because my sister broke a rule or bullied someone with say...strange and unexplainable occurrences?" The slight hint in her tone made me want to jab my elbow at her. But since she was too far, I couldn't bring myself to do it. However, I admit that I was slightly tempted to use my magic to seal her lips for the time being.

I wish brother Ace or Nate would have come at times like these. Surely, those two would be more sensible to talk to even when both of them aren't from this world.

But then again, Ace can't leave Gija to my sister alone, not when they have children running around. And Nate, I can't say that he won't rush these things because I am pretty sure that he would go straight to Jen.

Adults. Always the busy body. Sometimes you can count on them, and sometimes you can't.

"Yes." The principal confirmed and folded her hands on top of her desk. "With her skills and knowledge, she can go to the finest universities if she graduates. But we can't write her a recommendation letter unless she actually...performs." She said the last part carefully as if she wanted to emphasize it.

My sister briefly glanced my way with a more than confused look on her face. "Really? No strange scenarios like magic - Ow!" I kicked her foot before she would be the one saying things that she shouldn't, which seemed to snap her back into reality. She cleared her throat and smiled brightly at my principal after regaining her posture. "I mean, yes. My sister has a pretty busy schedule. And you know how teenagers are. They prefer to be alone." She whispered the last part to Mrs. Linda, making me roll my eyes at her.

"But without achievements, how else will she get a scholarship?"

I glanced at my watch the longer the two of them kept talking. It was getting late, and I really needed to leave this realm immediately. "Rose." I whispered to call for her attention. When she glanced my way, I pointed at my watch to indicate that it was getting late.

Thankfully, my sister understood what I meant and began packing her things while plastering on an elegant smile that I often see her use to her subjects. At times like these, I simply remember that she is a queen from another realm. Though she may still be a little clutz at times, I would have to admit that she matured at bit.

"Mrs. Linda, I appreciate that you're concerned about my sister, but as you said, she is a smart girl. I know that she will figure things out on her own. Now, if you'll excuse us, there's a palace-"

"Company." I coughed to correct her.

"-company meeting that I am about to attend to." She said and gestured for me to follow her as she got up. "Are there any matters that need to be further discussed?" The formality in her made the principal a little stunned with her gesture. Now it seems like she was looking at my sister in a whole new light.

"N-No, Miss Feradin. That's all. Thank you for your time, and I do hope that you would consider what I have said."

My sister continued to smile at her politely and dipped her head a bit in acknowledgment. "My pleasure. And thank you for looking out for my sister." She turned to me, seemingly like a whole new person, which I was a little proud and relieved for. "Stella, shall we go?"

"Yes." I nodded and got up from my seat. I followed my sister out of the door, and just before the door closed, I saw the stunned look on my principal's face.

As the door clicked close and we were a few distances from the door, I saw my sister looking at me with a smug look on her face. "Told you it will be alright."

Alright, my ass. My sister just made me go through a roller coaster of emotions at that point.

I rolled my eyes, but a small smile tugged at my lips both from her silliness and relief that it was finally over. "You could have done that from the start and saved us some time." I gasped and turned to her again with an alarmed expression the moment I recalled something important. "Rose, we need to-"

My sister pinched my cheek just then and laughed out loud. "Alright. I know. You're late for your lessons." She said dismissively and began to grab a similar magic key that would open a portal back to the other realm. "So, Stella, what do you say we head back to Thalia?"