Chapter 17

You had a dream.

You were on a land full of flowers. It was peaceful, and you felt at ease. You could hear birds chipping in the background.

Truly a peaceful place. You were sure that if you brought Lio here, he would have liked this place.

You then sensed someone else's presence.

You turned your head around, and saw far away a boy. You could only see him from his back. He had green pastel hair, and a triangular black earring on one ear. He was also a bit small. Was he a teenager?

He was under a tree. A tree that somehow looked familiar. You didn't know why was it familiar though.

The boy was holding a picnic basket. You noticed that he was radiating a positive energy. He was probably happy. Was he waiting for someone?

When the light started to go down however, so did his energy.

He was growing worried over time. The person he was waiting for didn't appear. Sadness started to surround him. And over time, rage appeared too.

Black and purplish tears fell from his eyes. His tears then created a puddle, which suddenly became fire, burning him over.

You were scared. You tried to save the boy.

"Lio! Hang on! Don't go away!"

...Lio?

Why did you call this kid Lio?

...was this kid Lio? His hair did match him, but there were surely a lot of people that had his same hair colour, hence your doubt.

Lio or not, you had to save him.

You hugged him.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine" you said.

He stopped burning, and the sad and furious aura he possessed was gone.

You then woke up, finding yourself squeezing Lio's hand.

He wasn't awake however. He was sleeping on a chair he probably grabbed the day before, when you were still sleeping.

You tried to carefully free yourself from Lio's grip, but it was too strong.

Abandoning the idea of letting his hand go, you got up and put yourself in front of him.

You then noticed that your painting wasn't where you left it. It was on Lio's legs.

Shoot, you forgot to wrap it. You wanted to give it to him as a present, but then you ran away to Promepolis.

"He should have appreciated it" you thought.

With your right hand still in his hand, you approached him.

He was... really relaxed in his sleep. He didn't look like he had a worry in the world.

You poked his cheek. It was squishy.

You thought to yourself that it would be a really nice hobby, to squeeze Lio's cheeks.

Instead of squeezing it though, you caressed it with your free hand.

He smiled in his sleep.

He was really pretty...

Your heart was beating a lot faster than usual. The reason for this? Your face was slowly approaching his.

You wanted to stop there, but at the same time you continued approaching him. Your face was only a few inches away far from his.

He then woke up.

And that's how, my dear folks, your face had become a tomato.

You immediately distanced your face from his, your right hand still in his.

He was still half-asleep, but he surely had noticed what just had happened.

His cheeks were in fact red.

"...you're awake" he said, smiling.

In your mind chaos ruled now. You felt sorry and embarassed but at the same time you thought about how you would have wanted to touch him.

Were you that touch starved?

"I was...checking you" you lied. You even knew he would have perceived it.

"If you say so" he said. You could swear he even winked at you.

You then ate breakfast together. You were staring outside, with a lost gaze.

You were thinking about yesterday. There were two things that still occupied your mind: why he returned home so late and why was he so angry? Well, he was surely angry because he was worried sick for you, but you felt like there was another reason.

Especially after that dream.

"Are you okay Y/N?" he asked.

You sleepishly glanced at him, and answered.

"Lio, may I ask you something?"