E.14. The Budding Feelings

Start from the beginning

She looked at the sky, the clouds were dark and grey. She looked down and saw in the direction he normally arrived. Her face fell when she doesn't find him yet. A little droplet of water touched her face and soon it started pouring. She quickly ran her hands in her handbag reaching out to find her umbrella and opened it.

Oh God! What in world, am I doing? Why did I leave my bus and waiting for a stranger? I don't even know if he will come.

She was on the verge of crying hence she digged her face inside the umbrella trying to hide it from being displayed to the non-existent public.

Suddenly she realised someone was standing near her. She lifted her umbrella after flapping her eyelashes multiple times trying to get rid of the tears which was accumulating around her eyelids. It was him. He smiled at her as he held his office bag over his head getting drenched in rain. She immediately moved closer to him holding the umbrella over his head.

"Why are you so late? Are you even aware that you've missed your bus?", She said with a frown.

"Hmmm.. what about you? You were also supposed to catch the same bus right?", He asked calmly.

"I didn't board it", she said annoyed.

"Because of me?", He asked excitedly.

"No, because I miss the regular arrogant conductor. He is so adorable", she said sarcastically bringing a huge smile on his face.

"So, will you leave me here and go with your adorable arrogant conductor?", He asked.

"Huh? Why on earth would you address him as 'My conductor'? I haven't adopted him you see?", She spoke super irritated.

"But wasn't it you who just said that you miss him?", He asked.

"Do you understand sarcasm? Why will I wait for the conductor when I left his bus yesterday for you?", She asked. She bit her tongue having been caught up confessing him that she left the bus for him.

"For me!! Sounds so cool!", He said

"You left your bus for me, the day before so I left it for you yesterday. Score levelled you see. I don't keep any favours.", She gave the most nonsensical reason to cover up.

"Oh!! Is it? Then what about today? Why did you miss the bus again when you had settled your score yesterday itself?", He trapped her in her reasoning which showed that he found sense in her nonsensical reason as well.

"Aaa.. aaa.. would you mind holding the umbrella for me, you are too tall and my hands are hurting.", She changes the topic after fumbling upon a answer to his question.

He smiled and held the umbrella. She felt shy when his hands brushed hers while passing the umbrella.

"It's difficult to get an auto in this rain. What do we do?", She asked.

"We still have sometime. Shall we have a cup of hot coffee in the hotel nearby? The rain might stop by then.",   He said.

She nodded and they walked to the hotel at a little distance. They occupied the little two seater table and the waiter approached them.

"Would you like to eat something?", He asked.

'No", she replied.

"Two coffee. And could you please turn off the fan please?", He requests the waiter after placing an order. The waiter nods and turns off the fan.

"Pufff!! Thank God, that breeze was giving me shiver. Were you also feeling cold?", She asked.

"No, I noticed you were shivering.", He said adoring her beauty.

She gazed into his eyes thinking - 'He is so caring and understood what I needed even without telling.'

Their eyelock was interrupted by the waiter who got them coffee. She blushed when she realised how she was lost looking into his eyes.

They sipped the coffee in silence and walked out of the hotel after paying the bill. It had stopped raining hence he went ahead and stopped the auto. He signalled Sana to come who stood at a little distance. While she walked a car drove past in speed splashing the muddy slush on her. She looked at dress which was all soiled with an exasperated expression.

"Oh Hell, one minute", he said to the rickshaw driver and ran close to her.

"My dress!!!", She cried.

"That rascal!! Please don't cry Sana, we still have sometime. I've got the auto, so if you want to quick change?", He said.

"Yes, please", she said wiping the thick sludge with her handkerchief.

They sat in the auto and she directed the driver to her paying guest home. She went up quickly and changed her dress and came back. The auto then drove to the Trinity Towers.

"Good that you changed. You were anyhow drenched and might have caught cold if you had to stay in that wet clothes for longer.", He said.

"Hmm.. but my clothes got spoilt. I hope it doesn't leave stain", she said.

"Hmmm..", he hummed.

"I wish I had got my scooty with me when I moved here from my hometown.", she said.

His thoughts - Thank God you didn't, else how would have we met? I just wait to meet you and spend time with you. My time simply doesn't pass after you leave. How do I tell you that I've fallen in love with you?

Flashback ends

Sidharth was lost looking at Sana and listening to the story. He was living Agastya's memory and unknowingly falling for her through the same story while Sana was unaware of this new budding feelings which he was experiencing. She was just lost in her past. The past which she had spent with her husband, Agastya.

"Sana, we still didn't know each other by our names?", Sidharth asks.

"No, we would be so lost soaking in each other's presence, that we didn't needed any introduction.", She sighed missing Agastya.

"Hmm.. what's in the name when we are connected by heart!", He said.

She looked at him amused. She thought, though he didn't know, but that was the reason why she was with him now.

Manvi started crying so Sana got up and went to the last seat and breastfed Manvi. Manju occupied Sana's seat.

Sidharth rested his hands on his forehead and closed his eyes and re-run the whole story which Sana had narrated to him imaging himself in it.

_____________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Wishes on the new year. May your life be filled with happiness.

Sleep vote if you are sleep reading.. 😂