「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ x」

Start from the beginning

          - I don't. I've just never loved someone like that. Sure I love Nyx, but never to the point of accepting to forget everything so that she would be back. He admitted.

          - Yeah, well. That's just the beginning of how I feel about her. She was my everything, Kingo. My fucking everything. And her powers took her away from me.

The two Eternals stared for long seconds before Sersi's cry was heard in the forest. Kingo immediately ran towards the village while Druig's attention was drawn to movement between the trees a little further. Deviants. He then began to follow Kingo through the dense forest and entered a small cabin. The interior was completely turned over, the furniture seemed to have been violently thrown against the walls and then awkwardly put back to their initial places. All the decoration that he and Nyx had brought back from their many journeys was broken to the ground, making it a dangerous place to walk.

Druig crossed the room without even bothering, knowing perfectly well what was the reason for this mess. He arrived in their room and took off his robe and threw it on the disorderly bed. The sheets were not properly placed and a clear dress was on one of the pillows. The telepath searched the closet and pulled out a shotgun that he had always kept as a precaution. Nyx had never liked to sleep near a firearm, but she eventually got used to it and even accepted it when they were attacked by jaguars. Druig checked one last time that his weapon was loaded and he rushed out of the cabin.

He took control of the villagers remaining outside the chapel and was able to see one of the Deviants throw himself at Sersi who was on the ground. All the men under his control opened fire on the creature while he quickly sought a much more strategic angle of fire to quickly put an end to it. The Deviant mowed down several men with his tail and even whipped the hands of Druig who lost his shotgun. He took a great inspiration to give himself courage and ran towards the creature before jumping over the Deviant to pick up a shotgun left by a villager. He loaded the rifle and climbed the Deviant before jumping over and shooting it in the back of the neck, making it roar with pain.

Sersi was thus able to get up and she quickly changed the matter of a tree so that it fell on the Deviant. Druig rolled to the ground to avoid the metal tree and stood up, seeing Sersi running towards him.

          - Druig ! Let them go.

          - Now's not the time, Sersi.

          - Please. I know you're better than this. She said as she grabbed him by the shoulders.

Druig briefly considered Sersi's request and ended up focusing as he raised his arm towards the villagers who were still shooting at the Deviant. They all dropped their weapons and their eyes returned to their natural colors.

          - Druig. Que está passando ? A villager asked in his native language.

          - Go ! Get to the river ! Druig shouted before the Deviant escaped from under the tree.

The telepath took Sersi's arm and took her to safety. Druig watched the action from the safe place they had found. Kingo tried hard to keep the Deviant away from the villagers who ran towards the river as Druig had ordered them. The actor asked Sprite to occupy the creature until he concentrated his powers to be able to hit harder. The young girl found a long blade and threw herself on the Deviant, planting her weapon in its jaw to keep it occupied. Kingo hurried to make the mass of energy grow at his fingertips and finally ordered Sprite to let go, which she did quickly before disappearing into one of her illusions. Kingo rolled to the ground and slipped under the Deviant to stand under his mouth.

          - Kaboom. He said before shooting the Deviant.

The Deviant's head exploded, splashing Kingo with the creature's slimy blood. Druig forced himself to restrain a laugh before Kingo's misfortune and could not help thinking that Nyx could easily get rid of it without any splash. The decapitated body of the Deviant finally fell next to Kingo in a thud.