Chapter 2: what's with the hair?

I began to stir in my bed as I slowly woke up and stared at the ceiling. I missed this bed. It was way comfier than the one I had in my room back in London. As I was in my own world I heard someone clear their throat. I sat up in a jolt to be greeted with a smiling Kio.

"Kio!" I shouted as I lept off my bed and into his arms

"Hey gstar! What are you doing back so early? I thought you weren't coming for another week?" He said confused as he pulled back from the hug.
"Well I like to keep you guessing don't I?" I said laughing as I ruffled his hair. Kio sprinted to the nearest mirror in my room and fixed his appearance.
"You tiktokers are all the same." I sighed as I shook my head at his dramatics.
"Well you love us really." Kio said as he smiled back at me through the mirror.
"Yhhh you're right. I do." I said as I came over to him and hugged him from behind.
"Whoa!! I didn't realise you two were an item!" We heard from the door. Whilst staying in our comfortable position we turned our heads and saw the source of the stupid comment. It was Zach. My Zach.

"You know better than that bruv

"You know better than that bruv." I said looking at him.
"Plus I've got a girlfriend now." Kio said as I gasped at him.
"Oh my God when can I meet her?" I asked excited.
"Oh my God oh my god!" Zach said mocking me and jumping up and down. Kio looked at the pair of us and laughed before he left the room.
"Hey, you can't get away that easily!" I said as I attempted to chase after him. But Zach grabbed my arm.
"You haven't been here all year! Come give momma some sugar!" He said dramatically as he wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug.
"I've missed you Zach. And I love the new hair!" I said into his jumper.
"I've missed you too babygirl." He said as he kissed my forehead. In that very moment Tayler zoomed past.
"Hey!" He shouted as he pulled us out of the embrace.
"Don't you be getting no ideas now that she's 18 this summer." He said threateningly to Zach.
"No way man! I would never! She's like my little sis as well! Besides she's Vinnie's girl." He said mumbling the last part.
Tayler shot daggers at him.
"Nah not anymore, me and Vinnie hardly talk to each other now. We're more acquaintances than friends nowadays." I said looking between the boys. There was this sense of awkwardness that filled the room. I hated it.
"Go on then, what was it?" I said to Tayler.
"What?" He asked confused.
"Mid life crisis?" I said pointing to his hair.
"Are you calling me middle aged?" Tayler said crossing his arms. Zach mouthed the words run from behind Tayler.
"I mean...if the shoe fits." I said before bolting out of my room and downstairs.
"I'm gonna get you twerp!" I heard Tay shout as i ran down to the living room to see lots of shocked faces looking at me. I locked eyes with Nate and ran behind him for cover.

"Please help me!" I said laughing as Tayler came down out of breath

"Grace what are you doing here?" He said smiling down at me.
"Early....flight." I said quickly as I did a double take at him.
"You too?" I said referring to the bleached hair.
"Gosh you guys look like a budget Jedward!" I said as i clutched my stomach.
"Hey!" Both boys said at the same time.
Aisha and Azra came over to me and pulled me in for a hug.
"We've missed you so much girl!" Aisha said.
"Yh it's not been the same without you." Azra said.
"Thanks girls I've missed you too." I said smiling at them.
"Graceeeeee!" I heard from the kitchen. Out came Markell and Bryce running towards me.
"Hey she's mine first." Markell said to Bryce as he pushed him out of the way.
"I've missed you so much girl. This house has been chaos since you left." Markell gushed.
"You say that as if it won't be even more chaos now she's here." Bryce scoffed as he pulled Markell off me to give me a hug.
"What, me? Causing trouble? Never!" I said as I winked at Bryce. I pulled out of the hug and looked at everyone.
"It's so great to be back. But where's Kelianne and Chase?" I asked confused.
"Well they've moved out." Tayler said kinda sad. I know how close he and Kelianne are and I guess he must've been pretty cut up about it all.
"Are you alright with it?" I asked him.
"I mean yeah of course. I understand they want to start a family. I mean it wasn't always practical anyway. He wasn't able to live with his daughters here." He said understanding.
"I mean there is one thing though." Tay said scratching his head.
"What is it?" I said genuinely showing interest.
"Do I really look middle aged?" He asked touching his face. I just scoffed and went to the kitchen.
"Cmon now, please don't tell me I'm old. I'm still young right?" He asked me properly panicking.
All I did was laugh at his behaviour.
"I love you Tayler, I hope you know that." I said as I grabbed my skate board which was conveniently placed in the cupboard next to the garden. That cupboard was an absolute mess and I don't envy the poor soul who'll have to clean it someday.
"Wait..that doesn't answer my question!" He said as I exited the house and headed to the skate park. It feels really good to be back in LA. Who knows what lies ahead.