He crushes Lord Leopold's arm. "And which hand was it that you wished to raise at my daughter? was it this one?" He says. "Or was it this one?" He asks before crushing the other hand.

"I highly doubt that's enough. Filth like him tend to retaliate. We should tear off the tongue that dared to insult the princess." you say, grabbing his (filthy) tongue with your hand (which is gloved, obviously) and cut it off.

You make a disgusted face before throwing the severed tongue away.

"That head of his doesn't seem to do him any good. We should separate that from his body as well." Claude says.

"I agree." You say.

All of a sudden Athanasia pulled the two of you backwards.

"Stop! He'll die at this rate!" Athanasia says.

"I think that was the whole point." You say.

"You shouldn't be watching this. fall back." Claude says.

You watched as Lucas bent down next to the injured intruder. 

wait, when the hell did he get here?

"You really thought I wouldn't know? I knew you'd come, Aeternitas." Lucas says.

"He's not dead?" Athanasia asks.

"Nah. He's fine. Aeternitas possessed him, just as I thought." He answers.

"What? Who possessed him?" Athanasia asks.

"Aeternitas. Since he abandoned the former emperor's body, I knew he'd try coming after us again." Lucas answered.

"He swapped bodies again?"  She asks.

"yep."

"what are you doing. hurry up and capture him then." Athanasia says.

"He's already escaped." Lucas answered.

"What?! We lost him?"

"I let him go. It'd be a real headache if the Leopold family got caught up in this mess." Lucas says.

"We could just kill them all if that happens." You grumble.

"Besides," Lucas says, ignoring you. "It's obvious where he's headed next."

"What?! Doesn't that mean Jeanette's in danger?! We have to go to Jeanette right now..!" Athanasia says.

"I've already put a protective spell one her, so you don't have to worry about it." You say.

"What is the relationship between Aeternitas and the former emperor? Explain to me why the name of Aeternitas is being bought up here." Claude asks.

Oh right. This guy doesn't know anything.

"The former emperor was possessed by Aeternitas." You say.

"Then can I assume the same applies for that man over there?" Claude asks.

"Yes. He also possessed Y/n and tried to kill you while in her body" Lucas answer.

"What is it that connects the two?" Claude asked. 

'Huh. Good question.' You thought. You yourself didn't know the answer, so you turned to Lucas.

"I cannot say whether there is any definitive connection between them. However if I had to point out one thing, is that I sensed darkness in their mana." Lucas says.

"And it was there in mine as well?" You asked.

"Yeah. It was relatively small compare to the other two so I didn't pay it much attention, but it intensified when Aeternitas took over your body." Lucas answered.

"Darkness, you say?" Claude asked.

"Resentment, Envy, Jealousy and even self-hatred. All of them shared these self-destructive emotions. I wasn't sure, so I didn't say anything about it before." Lucas says.

"Apparently, Emperor Aeternitas was actually really weak.. but he used black magic to seize power. And his hatred for Lucas caused him to become an evil spirit. Dad's curse, My mana explosion.. It was all because of him. He possessed uncle's body to perform all those evil acts, and now he can take control of other people's bodies as well." Athanasia explains.

"I see. I understand." Claude says nodding.

"But there's one thing I don't understand. If Darkness represents those self-destructive emotions as you said, Why does Y/n have them? As far as I know she'd be the person with the least chance to have any of those thoughts." Athanasia asked.

"Like I said, The darkness in her was originally relatively small... besides, it's not like she doesn't have any of those emotions." Lucas says.

"What?" Athanasia asks.

"She does have one. it's 'self-hate'" Lucas says.

Your eyes widen.

"Hey.. The real reason why you were so adamant on being a knight... It wasn't to prove your father wrong, was it?" Lucas asked.

"It was to prove to yourself that you were worth something... Am I right?" He asks.

"what?"

*****

A/n: I come back after 2 months, and the first thing I do is leave y'all on a cliffhanger. Aren't I so sweet?

Okay, so I was busy with exams the past few months, and I still am. I have three pre-boards before the actual boards. out of which 2 have finished. I'll only be completely free after my board exams finish which won't be until May.

I'm going to be stuck home studying or at school writing exams. this is my one update I'm giving y'all before I go back to disappearing for a good 3 months.

I would say "I'll update when I can" but I feel like I'm gonna jinx it If I did. 

Sorry for making y'all suffer so much. I promise to bombard you with updates whenever I get the chance. (I'm using up my only free day for this shit, be thankful)

anyways, Thx for reading. I love y'all (even though constantly torture you with unorganized timing of updates)

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 03, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

𝕷𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝕶𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 (𝚆𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚙 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें