Chapter 13

'Give in to me'

No

'There's no point in trying'

Shut up!!

'In the end, the one who will win is me'

Get out!

'Do you really think they care about you?'

F*ck off

'They're only using you'

shut up 

'In the end, they will all leave you just like your friend and your parents did.' 

I SAID SHUT THE F*CK UP!

You open your eyes, gasping. sweat was dripping down your forehead. you've been getting nightmares like these for the past few days. Some one or something whispering in your head about how useless you were. 

it wasn't this bad before, but Anastacius's announcement made it worse. you didn't tell anyone about this so that they don't worry.

You sigh and look outside. The moon is still up. you get up, wrap a shawl around you and exit your room.

****  

You walk through the garden filled with roses. it was a bit chilly so you wrapped the shawl around you tighter. you reach your hand out to touch a rose. when your hand came in contact with the rose, it immediately wilted and died.

 when your hand came in contact with the rose, it immediately wilted and died

Your eyes widen and you immediately withdraw your hand.

'What the f*ck was that.' you thought as you stared at the remnants of the fallen flower.

"sister?" A voice brought you out from your daze. you snap your head to the side to see Jeanette standing there in her nightgown. "Jeanette? What are you doing here in your nightgown?" You ask.

"I was standing in the balcony of my room when I saw sister walking here so I came down to see you." she says, looking down. "Jeanette-" "I'm sorry." She says, cutting you off. " what?" you ask.

"You told me to stay away from... 'Viscount Patterson', but I didn't listen." She says, still looking down, her bangs covering her face. "I know you had a reason to tell me that, but, he is my father." She continues, finally raising her head. "He was really kind to me and he helped me when I was struggling, and I don't think he is a bad person-"

"Jeanette." You say, cutting her off. "It's okay." You say, patting her head. 

"But I-"

 "Shhhhh. It's okay. I understand how you feel. you wanted a family, so when a kind man like him showed up and claimed to be your father, you welcomed him with open arms." You say, pulling her into a hug.