Part 2

Hey, congrats on making your own country! Or maybe you skipped that part... How did you name your country? I'd genually like to know, can you tell me in the comment? Does this name have a meaning? I'm really looking forward for comeback on this! If you have struggle finding a good name, you can also simply ask, and quickly describe your country! If there are other readers, maybe they'll help, if not, surely I will!

Anyways, on to the second best part of Countryhumans... The human part!

Once more, we'll divide this in a few big concepts:
1) Your character's personnality
2) Your character's qualities
3) Your character's flaws
4) Your character's background

Without further ado, lets get started!

Part 2.1: The personality

This is the biggest thing you will have to think about. If you're coming from part 1, you should already have some ideas about your character's personality, like if they're more friendly or more cold, if they're sociable or not, depending on your country's geography... If you skipped part 1, it's okay, you'll see, I'll make it simple!

First, I want you to know: it's okay for your OC to be a bit cliche. Almost every idea has been made, so, it's fine! What will make your OC unique is how you work around/with those cliches... There are just some cliches that are...meh... but it's still okay for you to use them if you have a good idea of how this will add something to your character's personality! For instance, don't go for the "usually bubbly and shining character but is actually a yandere" trope if you don't know exactly where you'll be going with this, it's really overdone, plus it generally shows a lack of understanding of what a Yandere is (Yanderes are most often depicted as girls, tho they can be any gender, and are usually seen as dangerous psychopaths, when the term does absolutely not refer to psychopathy or violence in any way, a Yandere simply being a person who, once in love, will act nice despite sometimes having more violent thoughts, but they can simply have small anger issues for instance, they don't have to be murderers!). Playing with cliche can result in a more original and unique character than simply a character trying to avoid doing anything that has already been done!

Something really personal I like to do with my characters when creating their personality is simply doing personality tests as the character, the main one I use being the MBTI test. According to me, when you're asked questions about your character's personality, it forces you to think about them in a deeper way than just what they like and dislike. This is something really personal, that doesn't work with everyone, but let's still give it a shot with the MBTI test, shall we? To make you gain some time, I'll explain as briefly as I can what it is.

The Myers-Briggs test, or MBTI test, is a personality test (my personal favorite) that will class you in one off 16 categories, each composed of 4 letters.
The first letter is either an I, for introverted, or an E, for extroverted. The second is either an N, for intuitive, or an S, for sensing. The third one is either an F, for feeling, or a T, for thinking, and the last one is either a P, for perceiving, or J, for judging. Easy, right?

Basically, the first letter is asking you: does your OC have more energy when they're alone or around people? The second letter is asking you: do they go more with their guts or do they spend a long time analyzing the situation before acting? The third one is more when it come to doing choices concerning people: will they try to take everyone's feeling in consideration or will they simply do what's more rational? And the last one is more often used for plannings: do they plan in advance or go with the flow? So far, so good, but things aren't this easy.