˚۰˚˚⁀➷A Helping Hand ( Part 1 ) || Zenitsu ☁️✨

"Y/n! How many times do I need to tell you to change this part? Have you even been listening? There's no change at all!" Your superior yells so loudly that the entire office looked up from their laptops and stared at you two.

A deep red blush formed as it spread across your cheek like wildfire. Damn, that was embarrassing as hell! But what was his deal? Your superior always tried to find a way to pick on you, just because you rejected his "well-thought-out-and-greatly-executed" love confession because you felt uncomfortable. I mean, who in their right mind falls in love with a person after knowing them for only 2 weeks? Plus, he's a total pervert so that's a total no-go.

He had confessed to you in public, when he "offered" to walk you home after work. That dirty rat had tried to snake his arm around your waist as you were both walking so you slapped his hand away. He had tried to do so again when you stepped away from him, confronting him about his actions. He confessed saying he fancied you from the start and tried to kiss you with those empty words of lust. So being the sane woman that you are, you pushed him away.

He started a big commotion in public, throwing a tantrum as he whined like a man-child, begging you on his knees, to please like him back. As you tried to calm him down, he attempted to pull you into a hug once more, so you slapped him with the sound resounding throughout the side-walk. Heads from all directions turned to look at you two, as you stormed away in anger and embarrassment. Ever since then, your superior has tried to make your life at work a living hell, criticizing everything little you do even if it didn't concern him in the first place.

Back to the present, you mumbled an unapologetic "sorry" before trudging back to your desk and slumping down on the chair. Your colleague, Zenitsu, pushed his chair back, cringing at the sight that unfolded before him. "A-are you okay?" He asked with a stutter. A light, baby pink blush tinted on his cheeks all the way to the tip of his ears. You gave him a slight smile, "yes Zenitsu, I'm fine, I'm quite used to it anyways." You reassured with a shrug. "That man-child..." you added on with a grumble, rolling your eyes in disgust.

"What?"

"Oh it's nothing!" You assured him, going back to your work. "Y/n!" Your man-child of a superior called out from behind his desk. "Your report has too many mistakes! Like look at these statistics? Are you even looking at the right one?" He seethed in rage as he pointed a finger towards you, eyes livid with petty rage. "You're never going to be able to fix it anyways so you might as well rewrite it. It's due by 7pm and you're not allowed to go home until you finish it."

You groaned and glared at the superior. He was wearing a lazy smirk on his face, seemingly proud of what he's done. "Yes, I understand," you gritted your teeth as you crumpled your report into a ball and tossed it into the bin under your desk. You cracked your knuckles as you started on a new report. With a messy bun and looking very haggard, you gave in and decided to give it your best despite being reluctant.

Surprisingly, you were so immersed in writing that you hadn't realised the sun had setted and the moon hung high in the sky. You stretched your back and looked at the time. It was 6.20 in the evening. Oh no, you still had a few paragraphs left to your report. As you started to panic, a hand tapped your shoulder. You looked back to see Zenitsu, nibbling on his lower lip, twiddling his thumbs together.

"Oh Zenitsu? You haven't gone home yet?" Instead of answering your question, Zenitsu took a chair and placed it beside yours. Sitting down, he turned to look at you. "I saw you struggling and I came to help, don't worry, we got this!" He said, fiery determination laced in his words. You both vigorously typed on your keyboards and just before it turned 7, you were both finally done with the painstaking report.

"Yay! We did this shit Zenitsu!" You cheered, a sense of relief washing over you. You emailed the report to your superior, turned off your laptops and put on your outer coat. "Oh my gosh Zenitsu, how do I repay you back? I could cover your shift for a day or-"

"Please treat me to dinner," Zenitsu interrupted. You laughed and threw your arm around his shoulder. "Dinner is on me!" You said as you both walked to the elevator. You glanced at Zenitsu and couldn't help but notice that his ears had a reddish hue to it.

Y/n didn't read into it too much, in fact, she found it rather adorable.