Two

You're laying in bed after a long, tiring day of doing nothing productive at your house. Just as you're about to doze off into what feels like an eternal slumber your phone buzzes on your bedside table. After making a sound similar to a dying dog, you lazily roll over to check it. Squinting your eyes at the blinding white screen, you make out a text from Drew, your boyfriend. Immediately butterflies awaken in your stomach and you sit up in your bed. You blink a few times to be able to read,
"You up for a late night date?"

The butterflies turn into elephants and you glance at your clock sitting on your desk across the room. You text back with quick speed,
"At 11 at night?"

You chuckle at his spontaneity, only Drew would find something to surprise you with at this time of night. Your thoughts are interrupted by another buzz.
"Are you up for a rebellious late night date?"

You subconsciously roll your eyes lovingly and text back that you'll be ready in 5 before shooting out of bed and straight to your closet to pick out something suitable to wear, but decide that its late enough to stay in your polka dot PJ pants and Rolling Stones T-shirt. After brushing your teeth and halfway taming your hair into a bun, you throw on a pair of black converse and try to decide how to sneak out without your sleeping parents noticing. You decide to just go through the back door of the house and manage to do so without waking your dog or your parents.

The chill air bites at you as you make your way to Drew's red pickup parked down the street. You see him leaning against the bed of the truck in an all black outfit complete with a Pierce the Veil T-shirt. You feel a smile creep onto your face as you move closer to him. He notices you and immediately a wide grin spreads onto his perfect face. You walk a little faster and he meets you halfway with a warm hug and kiss on the cheek. You giggle and barely manage to squeeze a tired "Hey" out. You feel his body tense a little, his chest vibrates "I didn't wake you did I?"

You laugh a little at his concern and assure him that he didn't. He then leads you to the passenger side of the car and opens the door for you. After getting in, he revs up the truck and pulls out onto an empty street. He reaches his free hand and places it on your thigh and you practically melt into the worn leather seat at the small gesture. He notices and laughs, removing it to put in a Chemical Romance CD into the radio and placing it back.

After about 10 minutes of driving and "Black Parade" begins to play, the suspense kills you.

"So where are we going?"

His hazel gray eyes light up with excitement.

"Its a surprise"

You sigh dramatically and say in a childish voice, "But I hate surprises"

He smiles and looks at you though thick- rimmed hipster glasses "I promise you'll like this one"