You'd felt awful that you hadn't been able to give him babies like you'd talked about so many times. He'd felt awful that you'd felt pressure to get pregnant. There was no doubt in his mind that he wanted children, but at the same if for some reason the two of you were unable too- he'd never resent you for that.

Lately you'd noticed how fatigued you were, the littlest things would make you so exhausted. There was the morning sickness. Recently you'd also taken note that your desire to have sex was incredibly high, and the sex was incredible. During sex, your husband had been pointing out how your breasts were growing, and how sensitive they'd become. Your best friend, with whom you shared everything with was pregnant now as well. She had mentioned how this usually happens as a earlier pregnancy symptom.

You had recalled what she said as you were reading up on What to Expect when you're Expending while drinking incredible margarita mock-tails that her fiancé had whipped up. "Hmm... did you know ? With pregnancy comes an increase in blood flow, especially to the sexual organs, breasts, and vulva.
With that increased blood flow comes easier arousal and increased sensitivity. This is completely normal. It also often results in a more pleasurable sexual experience with your partner."

"You sound like Spencer Reid now... but it must be nice." You had joked, though Matthew was an expert in bed. He would straight worship you.

What the hell? You figured you might as well take a test, just to see. With that, you urinated in a disposable cup, and pulled out tests from the last time you'd tested. You'd unwrapped the test, dipping it in your urine and setting it on the counter.

Your phone beeped, a text from Matthew showing up on the screen.

good morning my love. It's a quick day. leaving set soon, preferably anything you want for lunch? I love you so much, see you soon.

You smiled down at your phone. You loved receiving texts from Matthew at work. They were rare because he was so busy most of the time.

morning gube. super sick to my stomach this morning so maybe a smoothie? I love you. drive safe.

His response came quickly.

sorry sweetheart, I'll pick smoothies up on the way home. see you soon.

The timer went off not too long after the exchange of texts between you and your husband. Before taking a look at the results, you reminded yourself that no matter the results you'd be okay. You were young, and had plenty of time to conceive. One day.

Your heart pounded in your chest as the timer you had set went off. Your hands were sweaty and shaky as you'd went to pick up the test from the counter.

Pregnant.

Holy shit. No way. What the fuck? So many things flew through your mind as you held the answer in your hand. Tears welled up in your eyes and immediately started falling. The only thing you could think of in this moment was Matthew.

Matthew. The love of your life. Your twin flame. The future father to your children. You couldn't wait to tell him, right away. You were terrible at keeping secrets, and this was one you couldn't wait to share.

"Honey, I'm home and I've got smoothies!" Matthew said from the foyer, his voice all sing song. You heard him drop his keys in the bowl by the door.

"In here!" You shouted, trying your best to dry your tears.

Matthew peered around the corner, finding you standing in the bathroom. "What're you doing in here?" He asked before you turned to him, "and why are you crying? What's wrong?" Matthew asked immediately taking you into a hug, kissing your temple. You couldn't stop crying. Matthew was scared, what had you this shaken up?

"Honey, I'm gonna need you to talk to me, what's going on?" Matthew asked, you were trying to get the crying under control but you couldn't. You pulled the test from the pocket of your sweatshirt.

He's confused for a moment, but you see the exact second it hits him. His mouth falls open before twisting into the biggest smile you've ever seen him sport. "Are you serious?" He said, his voice soft, almost a whisper.

You could only nod, tears still in your eyes. "Mhm." You managed to get out before Matthew nearly crushed you in a hug.

"Oh my gosh, this is the greatest news I've ever gotten, you're amazing." He said holding a hand on each side of your face, smiling before bringing his lips to yours.

"I'm pregnant, finally!" You cry, the biggest smile on your face. Matthew continues littering your face with kisses until Matthew drops to his knees in front of you.

"What're you.." Matthew lifts your sweatshirt up and placed the softest kiss to your stomach which is enough to make you combust right then and there.

"Hey little one, I'm dad, and your mom is currently to excited to speak." Matthew says causing you to laugh, "but we're so glad you're here. We've waited on you, little one."

"Mom and dad, I like the sound of that." He says coming back to your lips.