Chapter 1

Yawning as I carried the last of my belongings from the wagon to my new home in the little village, I looked out over the crowd of locals watching and the famous family that seemed to run the show. They were flamboyant and made no attempts at hiding their magical gifts from everyone. Setting down my last box, I watched the family move around me, helping me move into my newly built home and smiled. "Would you all like some tea or something to eat? I'd like to thank you for all your help today," I offered to everyone inside helping unpack my stuff. I had learned in the last few hours that the three sisters of the family were Isabela, Luisa, and Mirabel. Luisa was currently carrying one of my planters into the kitchen area of the house for better lighting and Isabela was decorating the entrance and empty flower pots.

Mirabel was doing her best to inform me of each of her family members' gifts. I tried to stay focused on what she was saying since it was important to know each of them as they were my neighbors now. Her sisters called back from their locations within my house telling me that they were okay without refreshments. I turned to Mirabel and offered her the same which made her eyes light up. "Of course! And I can answer any questions you have!" She exclaimed excitedly. With her in tow, I walked towards my new kitchen and grabbed the pitcher of tea I had made early in the morning before the wagon arrived. Taking out two glasses from the cabinet, I set everything down on the little dining table I had gotten for this move.

I poured out the portions for her and myself before sitting across from her and going over the amount of people in her family home. "You said your abuela had three children, but you only mentioned your mother and tia. Who's the third?" I asked her curious about the third one. She hit her forehead softly with the palm of her hand before laughing a bit. "I forgot about my Tio Bruno! See, my family didn't talk about Bruno for years. He can see the future and used to live in the walls of our home until well, let's just say we started anew," she shyly stated as I nodded. Taking a sip of my tea, I wondered what the rest of her family would be like if she and her sisters were as helpful as they were now.

She perked up at the sound of her sisters coming into the room and sitting at the table as well. With the four of us occupying the only chairs, the table seemed smaller than I originally thought. "Would you two like some tea for your hard work?" I offered again to them, but they both still denied needing any. "Abuela wants you to come to dinner tonight, Y/N. I'm guessing our sister got too excited about telling you our family history to remember that," Isabela said with a smile and a snicker towards her sister. Staring blankly at her, it took a moment to register what she had said. "Oh! That would be lovely! I'd love to meet everyone!" Being the new person in this small community meant I had no friends, but I was willing to try.

After the house was completely unpacked and I was settled in, the sisters left to go home leaving me to get changed for dinner in a couple hours. "What should I wear?" I asked no one, but still pulled out several skirts and tops out of my closet and placed them on my bed to look over. Musing over it, I grabbed a green floral printed top and purple skirt with roses embroidered along the hem. Opting for simple shoes and a shawl, I slid into my flats and checked the time. "Perfect! I have a bit of time to walk around before I arrive at the Madrigal home." Strolling out of my house, I observed my surroundings and how the village was bustling with life around me.

Turning down one street led to a secluded tree covered section of the village where they had placed a bench. Tracing my finger along the stone, I smiled but did not stop there. Continuing on my stroll, I greeted and introduced myself to several of the locals. They were friendly and welcomed me with open arms. However, there were a few that whispered behind their hands and sent a knowing look my way as I walked by. Shrugging them off as the town gossipers, I reached the main door of the Madrigal house and knocked. The door swung open and I was greeted by warmth and music as the family within the walls bustled around. Abuela smiled and I introduced myself to her as the newest resident of the village. "Welcome home, Y/N. My family and I will do everything to help you get comfortable here," she offered and I smiled politely.