I leave and sigh before walking, "I've messed up." 

I go to my home where my mother is preparing Lucy and I's handmade tailored suit and dress. The royal tailor made these and they are perfect. Although, I'm not quite sure why she has included me in a corset. 

(A/N: Imagine Darryl in the outfit below)

I suppose maybe it is a royal tradition for the man to wear corsets on his wedding day? I'm not sure

My mother says, "The carriage is to be here in a few minutes time! Hurry and put on everything!" Lucy wears her dress and puts her hair in an updo. As I wear my attire, and tighten the corset with help from my mother. 

We hear a knock at our door, "Carriage for the Saint family!" All three of us rush out and into the carriage to be at the castle in an hour or so, one o'clock. Every town in Lozenge had been invited and instructed to arrive at the castle at three.

Zak POV:

Earlier in the day...I wake up mumbling, "Today is the day." My fate is to be sealed by sunset. 

I get out of my bed and walk over to my terrace, staring into the scorching sun. It hurts, but what could hurt more than marrying the sister of your true soulmate? My room slams open against the wall as Samira rallies inside. 

She cheers, "My wedding! My wedding! It is my wedding! My wedding! My wedding! It is my wed-" 

I turn to her yelling, "Be quiet!" 

She stops shouting to say, "Brother! It is our wedding day! And your coronation no less! Why the silence? You should be joining me! We must boast with joy around Lozenge!" 

I reply, "I've just woken up. And because it is our wedding day, along with my coronation, today is perhaps the most tiresome day I'll ever have. So Samira, please leave and shut my door so I can enjoy this sunlight for a few more moments at the least." 

She frowns, "Alright Zak, keep pouting about all the work. However do not be so mean to me, I will leave!" She does so, leaving my door slightly open. 

I groan and go to shut it myself. I shake my head, "Longest day of my life is to come." 

I change my clothing before leaving my room and going to the dining table to eat breakfast with my family. My mother spends all morning talking to Samira and I about our wedding: how to behave, what we are to wear, etc. All of it floods my brain, going within one ear and out of the other. After her, my father speaks to me alone: the true duties of a king, how to run Lozenge, etc. 

As good as being King sounds, as well as it being my destiny...I never asked for this. Never asked for Lucy. Never asked for this life...I envy Darryl at times for how he has come to be. I'm sure it is tough, but I would love to have a day in the life of his. Or something such as that, a taste of true normalcy.