Chapter 1

Blaine Anderson got out of bed, trudging to the bathroom. He didn't want to move to a new school but his dad got a new job here in Lima. He liked Dalton just fine with his friends in the Warblers. Now he knows no one. Fear exploded inside him, making his heart speed at the thought of everything new he'd be introduced to today. Sure, he'd get used it but today was going to be full of anxiety. He could just feel it. After splashing his face with water, he looked at himself in the mirror.

"You're going to be fine Blaine" He whispered to his reflection. Once he calmed down and took deep breaths, Blaine headed back to his room. Wanting to make a good first impression, he chose his outfit carefully. The rest of his usual school morning routine went as planned and he drove himself to school, feeling a lot better than he did that morning.

***

Like every school morning in the Hudson-Hummel household, it was complete chaos. Carole was making lunches, Burt was making breakfast, and the two kids were scrambling around to get ready. Kurt sat at the table as Burt set his breakfast in front of him.

"Where's your brother?" He shrugged and started eating.

"I'll leave without him if he's not ready. Today is my first day of senior year and I'm not going to be late." With a sigh, Burt walked to the stairs.

"FINN!!!!"

"I'M COMING!" They heard him yell before a thundering noise sounded. Finn ran down the stairs as loudly as he could. Both kids ate, brushed their teeth, and headed out to the car to leave.

***

Blaine walked inside the school and fear filled him again at the sight of the crowded hallways. He didn't even know where to start. The door opened and Kurt and Finn walked in. Kurt walked past and looked at Blaine, smiling. Blaine smiled back before hearing a voice at his other side.

"Dude, you okay?" Blaine snapped his head towards the sound.

"Oh... umm, no. Can you help me?"

"Sure. You new?"

"Yeah. Can you direct me towards the principals office?"

"Of course! I'm Finn by the way."

"Uhh- Blaine." They shook hands before starting down the hall.

"If you ever need help at any time, you can ask me. Most people are pretty chill so you can ask almost anyone. Just not the jocks if you don't become their friends."

"Oh, well I was hoping to join football."

"Cool! I've been quarterback my first two years and I'm hoping I will again. Tryouts are after school. Find me and I'll show you to the field."

"Okay!"

"Anyways, here you are."

"Thanks Finn! See you around."

"You're welcome! Bye Blaine."

"Bye." Blaine walked into the office and saw the principal look over.

"Are you Blaine?"

"Yes."

"Nice to meet you! I'm principal Figgins."

"Nice to meet you too." They shook hands and he gave Blaine his schedule and talked to him a little before helping him to his first class.

***

It was the last class before lunch and Blaine looked at the room numbers before finding his next class. History. He walked inside and let out a sigh of relief. A familiar face! 

"Blaine!" Finn yelled when they locked eyes. He waved him over and he took a seat beside him. This class won't be bad with a friend. Huh. Friend. My first day and I have a friend. He thought. The teacher started talking after the bell rang and then came lunch.

"You want to sit with me and my friends for lunch?" Finn offered.

"Sure, thanks!" 

"Mhm." Finn led the way to the cafeteria and Blaine followed. He was talking but Blaine was looking around, remembering some areas but some were completely new. He figured he should be listening but also wanted to remember his way around the school so he didn't look like a complete fool the following days. Soon enough, doors opened to a room. The cafeteria. Trying to keep up with Finn, he made his way through the crowd. They arrived at a table and everyone looked at them. One was familiar. The guy from this morning. Blaine noticed. He walked in with Finn. I guess they are friends, and boy is he cute. "Everyone, this is Blaine. He's new." 

"Nice to meet you, Blaine!" A girl said, standing up. "My name is Rachel Berry! I strongly encourage you to join glee club. We need new members and it's fun. Can you sing?"

"Uhh--" Kurt stood up, putting his hands on Rachels shoulder. 

"Sit. You're scaring him." She sighed and sat. "Sorry about her. If you like to sing you should think about joining though. We are all in it."

"I was thinking about joining football. Would that interfere?"

"No. Puck, Finn, and Mike are on the team and Santana, Quinn, and Brittany are cheerleaders. Theres plenty of time for glee and other things."

"Okay. When are auditions?"

"Tomorrow after school."

"Then I'll be there."

"Cool!" Blaine smiled and sat next to Finn. He tried to stay quiet but they kept asking questions so he answered. The rest of the evening went smoothly and even some of Finns friends were in Blaines classes. Puck was in his last so showed him to the field. Thats when tryouts started. Afterwards, they headed home. Blaine told his mom all about his day since she was the only one home right now.

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun." She said. 

"Yeah."

"Wasn't as bad as you thought, was it?"

"No, you were right."

"I always am." She joked. They both laughed as she handed him an after school snack.