Chapter 1

Y/n's Pov.

"Good morning" Paul said as I sat down beside him and Jessica that morning.

It was very quite until Paul spoke up "Can you hand me the water" she heisted for a little bit then said " if you want the water make me give it to you, use the voice" " mom I just woke up" he groaned.

He paused for many moments trying to concentrate and then spoke "give me the water" "don't try to control the water, control me." She told him.

"Give me the water!" He said once again with more grit. Jessica reaches to grab the water but then drinks it "almost" she says.

"Y/n, you try dear." I never liked using the voice in front of Paul, she he is my best friend and always wants me to succeed but I can tell it hurts him when I can show near mastery of the skill "give me the water" I said in the voice. Jessica pours a glass and hands it to me "well done dear!" I look over to Paul who gives me a half hearted smile.

" Remember you to both get dressed up for today" Jessica says. "Military or Ceremonial" I ask. "Ceremonial" Jessica and Paul say at the same time. Just then a guard comes in

"Miss y/n you have been summoned by a guest" he says. "who is it" I ask. "I can't say ma'am" he speaks almost frightened. This worry's me and clearly Paul because whenever I stand up to leave he grabbed me hand and have me a worried look I give him an its ok look then kissed his head before I walk out.

Pauls Pov.

"When are you going to make a move on her, It's clear your in love dear." She says with a smirk

"Mom, y/n is my best friend and I really can't ruin that with her, she is all I've got." I said, it was true sure you can say I had so many people who loved and care for me, and I them. But y/n is different kind of love she is the love I can't even comprehend loosing ever.

If I ever lost her I don't know what I would do with myself, which is why I have hid my feelings for so long.

Which is why I wonder, who is she meeting with?

Y/n's pov.

"Right this way miss" I speaks almost urgently. He leads me towards a door and when he opens the door I see nobody but a letter on the table. The guard nods me to go in and as soon as I step in he closes the door.

Right when he closes the door duke Leto walks in. "Hello Y/n, I know you are probably wandering why I am the secret person before ask any questions you should read the letter"

I walk over to the desk and open the letter.

To my dearest y/n,

I hope that this letter find you well. I write to you in hops of an explanation on my past as well as yours. As you read this I will no longer be with you. I am obviously a part of the bene gesserit sisterhood and my task was to create a daughter to house Harkonnen. Yes, my dear your father is Glossu Rubban. Glossu is a twisted man and when I was chosen to carry his child I would not understand the danger I was put in, when you were still a newborn I met a man and I fell in love. Glossu found out of this and became furious with me he sent guards to my room to kill me and I am on the run from him. I didn't care for my safety anymore only what would happen to you. So I made sure that you were safe so I sent you to my friend Lady Jessica so is also apart of the Bene gesserit sisterhood. Its to late for me my dear, but know I love you more than anything.

From your loving mother

After I finished reading it I saw a tear drop fall on the letter and then realized I had started to cry. How could I be a harkonnen?

But that was soon replaced with anger for my own father was the reason for my mothers death and I was furious. I turn to face duke Leto.

"How long did you know I was a harkonnen" I asked him while wiping my tears. "The day you arrived" he stated.

So many emotions take over me the next thing I know he come up and hugs me. That's when all the emotions started coming I was mad,sad, and confused about my past. Once we pull apart he grabs my face and wipes my tears

"Y/n you may not be my biological daughter but I view you as my own child and if you need anything you can always talk to me or Jessica" he says.