Chapter 1

It had been 3 weeks since Retsuko and Tadano had broken up. And he, well, he was okay as far as the public could tell, but he wasn't okay. He was unhappy. Tadano spent time outside the country to try to stop thinking about her. But he's always brought back to the firm that Retsuko works at because of his ties to it.

One day, he decided to skip a meeting with the CEO of that firm and just go out. There was an American style diner nearby that seemed interesting enough. He'd usually go for ramen, but he couldn't finish a bowl without thinking of Retsuko.

“Sir, we have arrived.”

“Oh, ENI-O, you can drop me off here. And pick me up in about an hour.”

Tadano got out of the car and went inside the quaint diner. As soon as he walked in, he could smell the greasy food and cheap chemicals used to clean the place.

The smell was comforting in a weird way.

He noticed that besides a couple of old ladies, there weren't very many people in there.

He took a seat at one of the stools and was given a menu. Tadano skimmed over the menu. It was white with pictures of some of their dishes. 

“Are you ready to order, or do you need a few more minutes?”

“Oh, I'm ready to order. I'll have a burger with no onion and some curly fries.”

The waitress quickly wrote down his order on her notepad.

“Alright, I'll be back with your food.”

Tadano waited for about 35 minutes which was annoying,, but he stayed since he was hungry.

“Thank you for your patience. Here's your food, sir.” 

She set the food in front of him and went to tend to other patrons.

The food looked good. Tadano removed the top bun of his burger to add ketchup, and that's when he saw it.

Onion.

He said no onion, so why was there onion on his burger? Are the staff really that stupid?

“Is everything tasting good? Do you need an-"

“Why is there an onion on my burger.?”

“I'm sorry-”

“Is the staff here really that stupid? I asked for NO ONION, and what did I get? I GOT ONION ON MY BURGER!”

“Sir, please calm down. I can get you another burger if you'd like.”

“No, I'm out of here.”

He slammed some yen down on the counter and stormed out of the diner.