Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Depuis le début

Though, now Asgard was not the only realm he was bound to.

He is bound to Vanaheim, just as much as he is to Earth. For this is where she, and all of her reminders, reside.

He turns to Fenrir, next to him, towering the Throne. Loki smiled, slightly chuckled to himself and ran his fingers through Fenrir's hair.

He huffed and Loki scoffed.

"So dramatic." He whispers.

Loki stands, pacing over to his elaborate bookshelf. He placed the book next to the others.

The sound of the large golden castle doors caught his attention, he turned.

"Brother!" Thor bursts in, Loki smiles and opens his arms widely.

"It's great to see you Thor." Loki says as Thor embraces his brother. The hug was warm and comforting.

"Still writing that book?" Thor asked as he pulled away. Loki turned to his shelf and nodded. "It's finished." He stated.

Thor smiled, scanning the room.

"You've done well Brother," Thor places a hand to his shoulder.

"she'd be proud." He whispered softly. Loki laughs and looks around, taking in all that was around him.

Asgards Throne Room.

Painted in Green and Gold.

He nods, still smiling to himself.

He and Thor walk back to the throne, and they both peer up, just above the throne.

A mural of Asgards King and Queen.

Loki and y/n.

Loki turns to Thor, a look of expecting. Thor laughs and nods.

"She's doing well, she got a dog." Thor laughs. Loki slightly smirks. She always did want a dog. Thor looked to Fenrir and then to Loki.

"You'll never guess his name." Thor nudges Lokis arm and Loki looked to Thor and the Fenrir.

"She didn't-" he laughed. Thor nodded.

"She did." They both chuckle and it then became quiet.

"Finn." Thor finally says, Loki smirked and shook his head while looking down at his hands.

"She is unbelievably predictable." He whispers with a laugh. It was quiet, the both of them adoring the silence. Loki then turns to Thor.

"I'm coming to Earth soon, I have someone I need to keep an eye on." He smirked and turned his back to Thor.

"What of Asgard?" Thor questioned. Loki laughs, scanning the realm out of a large window.

"I'll have someone look after them while I'm gone. I shouldn't be long." He says. Thor raises a brow.

"And who might that be?" Thor asks, walking to his brother by the window.

"Val and Fenrir." Loki says. Thor rolls his eyes and smiles. "As always." He scoffs.

"If that 'man of magic' were to find out, he'd have a fit." Thor exclaimed, laughing slightly.

Loki turned to Thor, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Something tells me, he can't stop me." Loki whispered. Loki looked to Thor and then past him.

"Come with me." Loki says striding out of the Throne room. Thor follows.

Loki guides Thor to the garden of Asgard, he smiles as he watches the flowers bloom.

Thor admires the beautiful flowers. Noticing a reoccurring bloom. White roses.

He touches them, a finger grazing the roses petals. Loki smiles as he watches him do so.

"Her favorite." Loki whispers, he walks to the side of Thor and picks the rose, he uses his magic to bloom another rose in the same spot the one in his hand has just been picked from.

"I never knew you to love the garden." Thor says. Loki smirks at the rose, spinning it in his fingers delicately.

"We had our finest moments up here." Loki coyly says. Thor smiles softly at his brother.

"I would have kissed her." Loki says quietly. Thor raises a brow.

"That night, our first return to Asgard." He whispered. A faint smile on his lips.

"I had been quite cold towards her..." he watches the rose.

"Do you have a reasoning for doing so-"

Thor went to ask but Loki laughed and looked up to his brother.

"I was in love with her." He laughs. Thor shakes his head and with a smile he looks to his shoes.

"And I would have kissed her, if you and Sif hadn't walked in, stumbling over your big feet." He laughs. Thor smirks and nods.

Thor walks over to the railings of the large garden, overlooking the homes of the Asgardians.

"Why leave?" Thor asks, looking back to Loki. "You are only hurting yourself Brother."

"Because I can't live a fulfilling life. Not if she's not in it." Loki sighed.

Thor always asked this question. Unsure of why his brother would torment himself over a, now, mere mortal. Thor went to speak.

"It's been two years-"

"No time in this life-" Loki whispers.

"Nor the next, can offer what I truly want." Loki looks to his brother and Thor furrowed his brows at him.

"Her."

Loki looks down at the rose. Admiring the beautiful tones of the stem, and twirling it around in his fingers.

The white rose reminded him of many thing, her magnificent smile, the whites of her beautiful e/c eyes, the snow in which she loved during winter, and the garden of roses, in which she was undoubtedly in love with.

He found her in everything.

The sounds of light footsteps around the castle. The taste of sweet, crisp fruits, during a weekly Asgardian feast. The feeling of his cold bedsheets as they warm around his body. The smell of the roses from the garden just outside of his balcony. The bittersweet dreams he'd have, every night.

She was his everlasting breath of fresh air.

It would always be her.

Regardless of how their story was supposed to end. No matter the consequences.

Regardless of Time.

——————————————————

The end.

——————————————————

A/n: I want to thank every single one of you for reading this book. You are all my greatest motivation.

This book has had the biggest ups and downs, and I want to thank all of you for reading, commenting, and voting.

Thank you all for the messages, you have all changed my writing capabilities, along with how I see my writing.

So, so much love for you all. x

————