Twenty

Harlem Carter - Manhattan, NYCJune 12th, 7:11 pm

June 12th, 7:11 pm

I sat here contemplating on how I should tell Demi this fucked up situation I got myself in. Demi was sitting here looking at me all kinds of crazy and I couldn't find the words to say what I had to say. She was looking at me like she was trying to read me but couldn't.

"Harlem speak up, I don't have all night" Demi rolled her eyes.

Choking on my words damn near I just had to push that shit out.

"An ex of mine is claiming her daughter is mine" I said fast.

"Huh?" Demi made a face then chuckled.

"Daddy, can we order?" Aziyah asked. "Super hungry" she continued.

"Yes princess I'll get the waiter, but Demi did you hear me?" I asked.

"Harlem, I heard you and we will talk later okay?" Demi said.

"Are you guys fighting?" Aziyah asked.

Dinner was awkward, Aziyah had to keep the conversation going between both of us in order to get Demi to talk to me. I really don't know I am going to get myself out of this situation. This bitch Tiffany done already went to the blogs putting her business all over Instagram and I'm dragged into the middle of it.

Tiffany was a broad I dated 6 years ago, she was a bottle girl at this club in my city and we it off for a few months. We stopped talking because I was too deep into this street shit and I couldn't put shordy at risk like that. We left on mutual terms and she never once said anything about a baby. I think people don't want to see a nigga win on some hating shit.

Demi put Aziyah in my car and told me she would meet us at my house, hoping we can talk like two grown ass people I just knew Demi was going to be on all bullshit.

We got home around 10 and I went to put Aziyah to bed, Demi's car still wasn't here yet so I sat on the couch waiting for her to pull up. After 20 minutes she called my phone and said come outside. Hesitated to get up for a second cause she was too calm for me.

Walking to her car I opened the door and she was facing the passenger seat waiting for me.