Chapter 13 - A Friendly Meal

Start from the beginning

"Well it is very nice to meet you Tommy, I'm Badboyhalo!" The demon put his hand out over the counter, Tommy shook his giant hand out of respect. Badboyhalo looked really cool so he earned Tommy's respect.

"Your table is where you usually sit, Wilbur." Bad said, looking over to a booth.

"Thanks Bad, can always count on you"

"You're welcome." Bad smiled, very softly for a demon. Wilbur started moving to the red padded booth and Tommy immediately followed him.

Wilbur sits down, Tommy hesitates for a second. Why the fuck did he agree to this? He eventually sits down on the seat across from Wilbur, fiddling with his thumbs because of the overwhelming awkwardness that fell on him.

Wilbur on the other hand, looked completely comfortable with this. Leaning back in the seat with the menu in his face, Tommy copied this and grabbed the menu as well.

His eyes shimmered at the pictures that were displayed on the plastic menu, waffles and pancakes drizzled over with glistening syrup. Sausage and bacon that looked cooked to perfection. It all made his mouth water but also his stomach churn. The thought of eating the delicious looking items made him hungry and gag a little.

It never sits right with him eating after people at previous schools body shamed him for eating anything, so Tommy wasn't sure how Wilbur was going to react to him eating... If he ate anything at all.

A few minutes past and a lady approached the table, Tommy looked up to see a rose tucked behind her ear, brown curls hiding the stem of it.

"Hello I'm Hannah, and I will be your waitress for the evening! What drinks would you like?"

"I've never seen you before, when did you started working here?" Wilbur asked.

"I started working here a week before, I only took night shift yesterday"

"I guess that's why I haven't met you."

Tommy knew Wilbur is a extrovert but how the fuck can he have a conversation with a stranger easily, this ultimately weirded him out.

"Anyways, I would like a ice coffee. What do you want Tommy?" Tommy moved his attention to the tall brunette, trying to register what he said.

"Um... Just water"

"With ice?" The waitress questioned.

"Sure." He said quickly so he didn't have to talk anymore.

"Okay, I'll be back in a little bit with your drinks and I'll take your orders then."

Hannah walked away from the booth they were sitting at, giving them time to decide what they want.

"So Tommy, what's your life at home?"

"It's fine"

"Got any people living with ya?"

"My two friends." Why the fuck does he want to know?

"That's cool, I still live with my dad, so does my brother." Wonder if his dad is just as shit as mine.

"Do you know what you're ordering yet?"

"Yeah, I'll just get some pancakes"

"That's a good choice, the pancakes here are fucking incredible!" Tommy hears a faint 'language' from behind the counter, Tommy could tell Wilbur heard it too with his dark oak eyes took a quick glance at the counter.

"Hello, here's your ice coffee and your ice water." The two boys turned their direction towards the same waitress as before.

"What you guys like to eat?"

"I'll take the blueberry muffins and he wants the pancakes"

"Okay, would any toppings with it?"

"No, just plain." Tommy spoke, not trying to keep eye contact but keeps his eyes on the bright red rose once again.

"Alright I will be back in a moment with your food." She walked away to leave the blonde and the brunette alone again.

"Do you like flowers?" Tommy's eyes widened at his question, was it really obvious that he was looking at the rose?

"Yeah. I do. Gotta a problem with that?"

"No no, I like flowers too." Wilbur giggled a bit out of what seems like nervousness. It was nice for Tommy to hear someone other than Tubbo say that.

When he was at the other houses, he would go into the backyards to look for flowers. The other kids and the adults that lived in those homes would call him a snowflake for picking flowers and keep them in his pockets. One time he picked dandelions off the ground and took them inside, making a small flower crown out of the yellow flowers. He was caught by the one of the adults and got beaten for being so 'girly', he was then forbidden to go outside for an entire week. But it wasn't like he was there long enough to take the full week punishment.

He really hated those memories.

Tommy was pulled out of his thoughts by Hannah who returned with their food, she is definitely the saviour of the day.

She put the muffins and pancakes infront of them and walked away saying 'enjoy your food', the food was what blocked everything else out of Tommy's head. It smelled so sweet and looked perfectly made just like in the picture, but of course his stomach wasn't up for it so he took a few bites from time to time.

Wilbur continued to asks Tommy questions about him and Tommy responded with very quick answers, eventually he starts asking Wilbur questions to prevent awkward silences.

They both decided it was time to go and Wilbur placed the money on the table, Tommy was still upset that his 'new friend' was paying for his food but their wasn't much he could do about that. They both said their goodbyes and walked in different directions, Tommy felt this sick feeling in his stomach so he walked faster than usual to get back home.

-

He made it back home to see his two friends sleeping on the couch once again, Tommy shook Ranboo's shoulder to wake him up, Ranboo then tiredly got up and dragged Tubbo to their room. His friends are working so hard for him to not get caught, he smiled to himself at that.

He did his normal routine before heading to bed, his head hit the pillow and slowly his body went to sleep.

Tommy though wasn't expecting the dream that was to come...