═════ ◈ ═════

Well, you don't.

I mean I was going to tell her but then she kept talking about what she was gonna wear and by the time I knew it. It was too late.

So here I am getting dressed up in a tux for the night that's going to insist on a girl probably hating my guts and going with one that I hardly know.

Once I was finished getting ready, I headed downstairs seeing my father on a chair reading something. I would avoid him but I can't because I also need to have a ride and right now I only have his car. This time at least.

"Can I borrow the car?" I asked which made him look up at me while he took off his reading classes. I could see him questioning the idea so I tried to help my case. "Only for the night." I added.

"Just the night?" Tilting his head a little lower as he questioned me to which I answered with a simple nod. "Okay, the keys are on the counter."

I grabbed them off the surface and threw a quick 'thank you' before walking out of the house and to the car.

~

I arrived at Theresa's address and instead of being an ass and just honking, I decided to walk up to the porch and knock on the door. I was greeted by an older woman who already had a camera in her hand as she invited me in. The lady pushed Theresa and me together to get pictures as she started clicking the camera to get as many pictures as possible.

After a million pictures later, we had finally arrived at the event to hear the first song playing, and instead of dance. Theresa ran to catch up with her friends right when she saw them. Leaving me standing here as I looked around the room. Catching Peyton seating alone at the table that Felix walked away from, making me make my way towards her.

"Hey, Sawyer, what are you doing here seating all alone?" I asked as I took a seat on the side of the table. And by the look of it, I didn't choose my words correctly.

"Uhm I need to go to the restroom." She excused herself as she got up from her seat and walked away leaving me alone once again.

It didn't last long though since Nathan came up to the table a couple of minutes after Peyton left and collapsed on the chair. "Lemme guess Haley ditched you," I teased since he was by himself.

"Looking that way," He responded which made me furrow my brows at the comment since I wasn't being serious but he was.

"What do you mean, Hales is not with you?" Wondering what is going on.

"No, she's with that Chris Keller guy at the studio. It was only supposed to be for an hour but now I'm here alone, trying to avoid my parents." He explained. "I had everything planned. Acted like I could care less about this whole thing then when the night came around, I would surprise her with a carriage ride to the school, and when she won prom queen, her song would play. Now I don't even know if she's going to come." sounding defeated.

"Well if you feel like you can't accept being crowned king without your queen, I could step in to replace your spot." Trying to stray away from the dispiriting mood which worked because it earned a laugh from him.

"Maybe, but enough about me. Where's your date, Theresa?" he asked me which made me point to the girl who was laughing with her friends and look like she was having a good time. "What was the point of coming together if you two are not going to be together?"