chapter 36 • does he still think i'm the same spoiled rich girl he thought i was

Începe de la început

"oh, that's amazing!" pepper cheered. "this is how you're gonna do it. picture this; you're on a beach in hawaii."

"already sounds reasonable." sophie teased.

"he's on the shoreline, waxing a surfboard. you ride in on a dolphin-" pepper started.

"-good idea!" i smiled. "easy enough."

"okay, here's what you do! you call him up and say 'you, me? we're dating.' and then you hang up." sophie shrugged.

"better idea!" i smiled again. "and way easier."

"what if he wants to say no?" pepper asked.

"these are great suggestions, but i'm going to go with my idea. zack likes buffalo wing wednesdays at the starcade, so i'm gonna show up tonight and asks if he wants to come over to my house and watch a game." bella said.

sophie and pepper cheered for her.

after school, i headed to the starcade with sawyer, and troy tagged along.

"so, bella, you look nice. why are you all dressed up?" troy asked.

"because bella can be hot and not need a reason?" i suggested.

"thank you cher! but just between us, when zack gets here, i'm gonna ask him out." bella sat down.

"you're asking zack out?" troy asked.

"yeah. first i'm gonna butter him up with a dozen wings. then, i'll follow it with a half dozen of these." bella pointed to her smile.

"wow, that's a really great plan, bella. except you forgot one thing; he's never gonna say yes." troy said seriously.

"what? why not?" bella asked.

"well, uh, you did break the guys foot at home-coming." sawyer reminded.

"actually she broke his heart at homecoming. she broke his foot before. remember that?" troy asked.

"come on, breaking his heart was unintentional! and i did not break his foot, he fell of his bike." bella explained.

"on his way to get your corsage. and then he showed up at the dance to be your date. but surprise, you already had one!" troy said, as if recalling a dramatic telenovela.

"you guys don't know anything about romance or relationships. sawyer, your girlfriend literally bullies you." bella scoffed.

sawyer stared at the table awakwardly, while troy waved over newt.

i laughed quietly to myself to avoid being obvious that her words had affected me more than they should've.

was i hurting sawyer? did i go too far with my jokes? did he severely hate me and want me to die?

does he still think i'm the same spoiled rich girl he thought i was?

no, i'm over reacting. this is stupid.

«───── « ʚ♡ɞ » ─────»

i sat on the locker room bench.

troy and sawyer walked in, talking about their weird movie obsession.

"what are you guys talking about?" newt asked.

their weird wannabe star wars obsession.

i gave newt a shrug, deciding to keep my mean joke comments to myself.