Chapter 28: Just Friends

Start from the beginning

Hyunjin chuckles, "Yeah, I tried convincing myself that too but... you only lost hunger after you had that moment with him." Ryujin stays quiet then asks, "How much of that did you see?" He chuckles and turns so his back faces her and wraps his arms around himself while mimicking kissing noises to mock her. Ryujin blushes and laughs but soon follows a long silence. Ryujin asks, "Are you jealous?" Hyunjin replies almost instantly, "Extremely." She asks, "Then why are you acting like this?" He says, "Well, I'm not usually corny but... I like seeing you happy. And the way you looked at Beomgyu when you two were alone together was electric... Haha, I kind of lost all hope when I saw that."

Ryujin chuckles as Hyunjin suddenly raises his voice, "BUT, I'm not telling you to hit on a taken man! Maybe just... hang out with him and Seyoung a bit more. Maybe that love thing doesn't have to be romantic." Ryujin turns to him and smiles softly, "That's a lot of maybes but yeah... I'll try–"

Suddenly, hexes of blue start appearing around Ryujin as Hyunjin stares at her confused. He asks, "Are you doing that?" Ryujin shakes her head as she suddenly disappears. Hyunjin's eyes widen as he stands and looks around.

"RYUJIN!?"

No answers.

Hyunjin scoffs and tries to turn to fly away but there was a man standing in front of him. He raises his voice, "Where did you take–"

"Sleep."

Hyunjin notices his red eyes and instantly falls asleep. Jungkook sighs and says, "Kids are getting taller. Fortunately, someone got rid of Ryujin for me." He places Hyunjin on his shoulder and slowly walks into the forest.

...

Ryujin gasps for air as she is suddenly teleported into a random office. She had magical handcuffs forcing her hands behind her back as she suddenly fell onto the hardwood of what seemed to be the dean's office.

An old raspy male voice asks, "Are you Shin Ryujin?" Ryujin groans as she slowly stands up, "Yeah, I am. Who's asking?" Her eyes finally focus on the old man clothed in a luxurious warlock robe. Ryujin stutters, "Y-you're the Dean Warlock." The Dean glances behind her and asks, "Is this the one you identify as Lady Death's daughter of Lust?" Ryujin turns her head to see Seyoung standing there shyly.

Seyoung slowly nods as the Dean sighs and says, "Have a seat outside." Seyoung makes eye contact with Ryujin before she leaves and all she saw were eyes of betrayal.

The Dean says, "I'm sorry if there's a misunderstanding but we have to take safety precautions." Ryujin stutters, "S-safety precautions?" The Dean replies, "You're of Lady Death's Lineage. We take safety seriously on this island. It's why we place special rules on dangerous beings entering our school. You were registered as a regular succubus. But after that Seyoung lady reported you to my office, we did our own investigation and we found nothing." Ryujin scoffs, "Nothing? Then why am I here?"

The Dean says, "Nothing is bad. We found no past records of a Shin Ryujin Succubus in the entire world. You were living in the shadows prior to going here." Ryujin stutters, "I-I'm not–" Before she could finish her sentence, the magical handcuffs disappear and a glass of water appears in Dean's hand.

The old man smiles softly and says, "Have a seat, I have a few questions for you." Ryujin looks at him confused as the Dean says, "I don't think you're dangerous. All that was for show for the students and for my authority. Just to show that we take things seriously here. I'm sorry if it offended you or scared you but it was part of the procedure. Water?" She slowly takes the water as the Dean says, "As for you school life, you have caused... the average amount of trouble for demons while you were here. But I will have extra surveillance on you while you're in public spaces but that's merely so the other students feel safer around you and understand that we're trying to create a safer space for them. I hope it doesn't offend you but we can't stop the students from looking at you poorly so we're doing this just to help them feel safer. The council and I don't find you dangerous one bit."

Ryujin asks, "Is that why you called me here?" The Dean shakes his head and asks, "I've called you here to ask about your brother. Jeon Jungkook." She scoffs as the Dean says, "He's been causing trouble around the world and it's part of my duty to keep the world a safer place. If I have any chance of finding information of his whereabouts, I will take it."

Ryujin answers quickly, "I haven't kept in touch with him since I was born and I hate him with my guts. I don't know anything, can I go now?" The Dean looked into her eyes for any lies but found none. He nods his head as Ryujin storms out of his office. She notices Seyoung pacing around outside and quickly shoulder-checks her on her way out.

Ryujin didn't wait for any explanation from Seyoung as she stormed out of the main building. She notices Yeji and Yeonjun on a walk and quickly walks away to prevent any interaction. Yeji notices and quickly runs after her, "RYUJIN! Hey! What are you doing in this area?" Yeji grabs her wrist and Ryujin quickly slaps it away, "Seyoung snitched on me, that's why."

Yeji looked at her confused as Yeonjun finally caught up to them. Ryujin whispers, "Sorry for hitting you..." She quickly extends her wings and flies away as Yeji and Yeonjun stood there in disbelief. Yeonjun asks, "Did she say Seyoung snitched on her?"