i keep walking when a group of girls see me.

"hey, you're valentina's friend, right?" one of them asks.  they seem like pretty decent people, they just tend to attract drama.

"that's me. can i help you with anything?" i ask, pausing to look at them.  they all seemed like the standard when it came to trends, they really kept up.  while i stood here with my separate aesthetic, clashing with them.

"we heard you're setting Valentina and Camilo up?  that's so nice of you!" one of them says.

"yeah, but i don't wanna push either of them too much so i'm just letting it resolve for now," i say in a desperate attempt to walk away.  the way they were looking at me made me self conscious for no reason really.

"where you headed?" a different girl asks.

"camilo usually picks me up in a couple minutes from now so i thought i'd go get him and switch it up.  speaking of, i should go," i say, taking opening to leave. i walk away quick, giving a small wave to their goodbye shouts. i finally make it to the house and no sign of him. looking at the side, i notice a pink hollyhock.  after a second of thinking, i pick it and get ready to knock on the door.

i swear to god if he doesn't open the door i'm going to lose it.

right before my hand hits the door, it swings open to reveal camilo, apple in mouth, putting on his satchel.  once he closes the door and turns around, he sees me a jumps in surprise. i stares at me with confused eyes, but i butt in before he can say anything.

"Hollyhock," i say as i put the flower up for him to see, "it means ambition."

he takes his apple out of his mouth, grabs the flower, and puts it in his hair.

"so, any plans for today?" i ask after he takes a bite of his apple.

"i know a couple spots for relaxing places. They're really pretty."

"Nice. So..." I trail on, wanting to know what happened with him and Valentina.

"Sooo...?" He asks, confused as he takes another bite of his apple.

"I saw you and Val hanging out yesterday. Did you ask her out?" I ask as I look at him with hopeful eyes.

His eyes widen and he slightly chokes on his food, turning into Bruno, Mirabel, then Andres.

"Oh my god!" I say, going to help him, but he puts his hand out, head down with his hands on his knees. He turns back into him.

"Holy... shit..." he says, "you caught me off guard with that one."

"I'm so sorry.  are you okay?"  I ask, worried he might be mad at me.

"Dont be, I'm fine," he says as he flips his hair, using his hand to move it out of his face (unsuccessfully) with a smile.

"So," I begin as he starts walking again, "is that a yes?"

"Well..."

Camilo's POV (last night):

As I begin walking back from y/n'a house, someone calls my name from behind me

I turn around to see Valentina.  I put on a flirty smile and make my way over to her.

"Hey, Valentina.  A pretty girl like you shouldn't be out alone so late an night."

"Oh stop it.." she says flinging her hand out in an odd manner.

"What can i do for you on this fine evening?" I ask, trying to get to the point so I don't miss too much of dinner.

"I was meaning to ask you something," she starts.

"Anything for you. What is it?" I ask, accepting I'll be late.

"I was wondering if you would hang out? Just us two, like a date?" She asks.  I'm a little taken aback, but I look over at y/n'a house.  I see her in the window, her hair tied up. If she thinks this is gonna work out well for us...

I plaster on a smile.

"Sure."

Your POV:

I look at him intently, waiting on an answer.

"Well...?" I ask, trying to snap him back into reality.

"She asked me out, she beat me to it. But I said, 'yes,'" he says with a smile. 

"Yes! That's great! I'm so happy for you two, congrats!" I say, hugging him.

"Thanks," he says, hugging back a little before i jump away.

"Oh! Since we're just gonna be relaxing, I can go get us sweets to eat in celebration.  You don't mind, do you?" I ask.