"Wow, chivalry isn't dead," I lightly joked under my breath. He smirked back at me, but our smiles faded promptly. It felt weird to be joking around right then with a dead body slumped over Harry's arms. Even if the man was delusional and willing to kill us.

My eyes regretfully lowered down to the folded over man. His head was dripping with blood from the bullet hole, almost completely obscuring his face. Dried blood saturated his shirt, causing it to cake onto various parts of his body. I hardly recognized the person that I had just seen angry, but unscathed, earlier.

I shot my eyes back up and nodded even though I was already done packing my bag. I aimlessly looked through the boxes, pretending I hadn't already done this. Keeping my hands, mind, and eyes busy was most important.

Flashes of my mom, lifeless in bed, kept attempting to run through my mind due to the sight I had just witnessed behind me. I wondered if she looked as rough as this guy did. Or if she looked the same when Harry had to carry her out, too. I wondered if he also had a family that cared about him as much as I cared for her.

I shook my head, rinsing it of the thoughts. Now wasn't the time. Harry's grunts caused by the body being dragged was now at the forefront of my mind. I was grateful he was going through all of this just for my own peace of mind. It didn't make a huge difference, but knowing that I wouldn't have to walk over the body did subtly calm my nerves. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say.

Another loud grunt, following the noise of the doors being thrown open, caused my head to jerk towards the bell jingle. I never noticed the bell attached to the door until now. Sudden noises were never really my cup of tea; my mind always seemed to assume the worst. Sometimes those assumptions were beneficial, but other times it was just a pain in the ass to be so on edge all the time.

The first thing I saw was a large smear of blood trailing outside the entrance doors, vanishing as it turned the corner. My stomach tossed and I had to shift back around, trying my best to distract myself again. I made a promise with myself that I wouldn't turn around anymore unless it was Harry at the door.

I shifted uncomfortably. He sure was taking awhile. I wasn't aware which direction he went either. I didn't exactly care to ask his plan with the body. He knew I wouldn't want to know anyway. Regardless, I just wished he would hurry and come back.

The doors finally swung open one more time with its loud chime, revealing a huffing Harry. A new shirt covered his torso as my gaze met him in the doorway. He detected my fixation on him and shot a thumb in the air with a smile. A soft smile placed on my own lips, giving him a reciprocated thumbs up back.

"So," he clasped his hands together. My smile drifted slightly seeing the dried blood along his fingernails. I pinched the inside of my palm, shifting my focus back.

"What's the plan now?" I asked, swinging the backpack over my shoulder. I had no idea what time it was or how much daylight we had left. Everything seemed to blend together these past few days. I could never quite keep track of time or the passage of it anymore.

He twirled his watch around on his wrist, squinting his eyes to read it. "Uhh, I would say we should probably get going to find us a spot. Best to get there with plenty of time to set up camp before the sun starts to set."

I nodded in agreement and started to head towards the door. Harry had already begun walking and I had to quicken my steps to catch up more.

"Gas is already taken care of. Filled her up and have some extra jugs in the back," he proudly boasted over his shoulder.

I patted him on the back in excitement. It felt beyond good. We had plenty of food, water, and gas. Hell, I felt on top of the world. Nothing could have broken me from the high that coursed through my body. I could tell Harry was just as proud with himself, his smile was stretching from ear to ear.