Day 1 - Customer Care Palava

"Shey these people are whining me ni? Abi what's this rubbish now?" Desola sighed for the third time within three minutes and she hissed after the phone beeped indicating the call has ended. She was walking down the road  back to her flat and talking to herself made her look crazy. If the baggy t-shirt and the big bonnet didn't make her look mad already.

This was the third time she was trying to get across to her bank customer care to demand an explanation for why her ATM refused to process any transaction. It's was starting to get annoying and embarrassing. Almost every vendor down this street refused to sell to her on credit.

She didn't blame them, she had a long record of owing the most debts out of Madam Bose's girls. She tried to show them her account balance but nobody believed her. She was a pro at making fake alert receipts and no one believes her again. She was being sincere this time and no one believed her, one of her clients, Mr. Okafor had sent her seven hundred thousand Naira and the bank blocked her account because the money was beyond her limit.

It was no news on this street what she did for a living and she was used to their judging looks. Not like she cared about it anyways.

Christmas was around the corner and she doesn't even have a thread to wear on that day. Not like she had anywhere she was going to, she was going to stay in her flat and pretend she wasn't around all day. The sex house is closed for the year because the majority of their clients have traveled home to see their families.

"Welcome to Peak Bank, The pride of our town. Thank you for banking with us and we are glad that you trusted us with your money. Happy holidays and we hope you have a swell time with your family. Our physical branches are currently closed for the holidays but you can send us a mail of you encounter any issue. See you next year. Happy new year in advance and have a nice day." The call ended again and Desola blinked in anger. She tried calling them again as if it would change anything, this call would make it the fifth one she was making today.

She wanted to throw her phone hard against the wall but the reminder that she wouldn't be able to repair it brought her back to her senses. If anything, maintaining an iPhone 12 Pro Max was hard enough not to talk of the way it gulped data and funny how she only had seventy Naira left in her hand and the house was empty. Today was really not her day.

She could have gone to the neighbor flat to ask for food since they were close but Tishe had gone on a vacation to Maldives with her senator sugar daddy who just finished a nasty divorce. Majority of the people she rolled with were either out of the country or out of Lagos.

She decided to visit madam sola, she might get a plate of rice to sustain her hunger this night. Na person wey don chop dey get strength to live. The woman ain't a big fan of her and she acted like a Demi god inside the kitchen but Desola prayed that she got a plate atleast. Even if there was no meat, she would eat it like that.

"Mama the mama" Desola hailed as she made her way to the place  where the fat woman sat counting her money carefully. She made sure to plaster one of her fakest smile and she bend down a bit to show respect. The woman stared with a smirk and Desola knew she already know what she came for. Desola and respect can't be found in the same sentence unless she needed something.

"Desola, I be wan find your come your flat sef. I get one better customer for you oh. E Dey come club this evening shaa, he needs person to use hold body for the holiday. Na IJGB and Na dollar he go pay you. No be old man oh, Na young boy like you". Madam Sola replied and Desola smiled in glee. Finally, she was going to solve her cash issues. Long durations meant more money and IJGB means plenty dollars. Her head was doing the maths already.

"Mama, I Dey ache. Abeg give me small food make I take good body before the customer come. Hunger dey knack me four by four" She said with a fake pity face and Madam sola beckoned one of the kitchen assistants to give Desola food.

Happy Boxing Day Humans❤️❤️
Please vote and comment, eshey💕

Love, Hera🍒