→CHAPTER TWO←

Start from the beginning

Arjen and Arien's ears picked up on what he muttered and were quick to hide Arceo behind them. Arceo went to hide the eye that wasn't an amber color with their bangs.

The guy was lost in thought for a moment before giving them a soft smile, extending his hand. "It's dangerous over there so please come here."

'...what?' The three 5-year-olds were understandably confused, dumbfounded, and shocked.

'How princely...' Arceo sarcastically said to Arien and Arjen.

'What a switch up!' Arien shrieked telepathically.

'Why is he speaking as if he cares about us...?' Arjen said looking back on the guy's previous bloodlust.

"It's dangerous over there-" The brown-haired guy reached out to grab Arjen, but he visibly flinched away from him and to his two sisters.

The guy was a bit taken aback when all three began to tremble, with Arceo's less visible as they were now in front of Arien and Arjen, stood protectively.

Shit... She cussed. Even I can't do anything about this...Our bodies naturally stiffened up as we've been constantly abused by Rurahel. It was somewhat bearable at first, but it started to get considerably worse when we were 2.

The guy lowered his gaze, eyes reflecting a sad type of emotion. "You don't need to be so on guard around me. I won't do anything bad to you...why did you climb so high up?" He said with a softer tone.

Arceo stayed silent, tired, and just wanting this to be over. But her eyes still stayed on guard of the brown-haired guy in front of them.

"B...because the imperial palace is beautiful." Arien hesitantly answered. The guy directed his attention to her and asked, "beautiful...?" The three looked at him.

"Very much so..." Arien answered again, seeing as both Arjen and Arceo won't be answering him.

"Do you want to go there?" The guy questioned the three. "N..no...how dare we... " Arien's voice faltered. Purple eyes squinted at how she phrased it, his expression changing slightly.

Question marks floated above Arceo's head, but were forced out of her state by a voice. "-Could I get your names?" The purple-eyed guy asked.

'Should we answer...?' Arien started. 'Or not?' Arjen finished, both speaking telepathically to their sibling.

'Well, he doesn't seem like a bad person...But we can't be sure. Either way, I'll go along with your choices.' Arceo spoke. She glanced at her siblings as Arien and Arjen nodded.

"A...Arjen."

"Arien."

"Arceo." The triplets hesitantly introduced themselves, one after another.

The brown-haired guy smiled and took off his coat. He tossed it over the trio, "It's cold out, so please wear that." He explained to them.

They looked dazed as they quietly inspect the coat. "This is... really generous. This kind of outfit..." Arien trailed off, not very well-versed in the world's language.

"...Kids shouldn't have to say those kinds of words...Wear that so you guys don't catch a cold." Purple eyes looked down at them in what Arceo thought of as sorrow or pity, she didn't know. She was never good at deciphering others' emotions.

"In this weather...to have them wear such thin clothes." The guy mumbled, barely audible. He gritted his teeth, his tone close to anger.

Who the hell is this person? He was so cold to us at first...he must've noticed our hair by now...There are many decorative pieces on this coat. How high is his rank?... Arceo was lost in her thought, blocking out Arien and Arjen as they both conversed telepathically.