Christian: No, no. Don’t be. I know that you’re finally happy where you are right now. And if you’re happy, I’m happy

  If it had been any other situation, I would have felt wary about the text. But I didn’t. I felt great that he said those words.

  Me: Cool J

  Christian: So how’s everything?

  I stared at the text, feeling comforted. I then typed in a reply.

  Me: Everything’s good. Except for work. Now THAT’S stressful.

  Christian: When is work ever NOT stressful LOL?

  Me: Good question. What’s happening? Are you still taking international trips?

  Christian: I just came back from Taiwan yesterday. Was dealing with a client

  Me: Now I take back what I had said about my job. Your job seems so stressful

  Christian: It’s not that stressful when you get used to it…

  Me: Bullshit!

  Christian: LMAO Its true tho

  We talked more, mostly about random stuff. It was amazing that, even after what happened, we could still talk like friends. But there was still that little voice at the back of my head telling me that things will never be the same. I tried to ignored it. But I bet that Christian was feeling it too.

  It was thirty minutes after he texted me that he said goodbye so he could go to a meeting. I put my phone down and took a shower. When I was clothed and ready, I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed my phone and car keys.

  I drove my car around aimlessly around the city, while thinking about who to go to. I wanted to go to Ash’s, but she’s probably staying in with Chris. I considered Zoë, but she’s probably with Josh right now. Suddenly, I just realised that I really have a small number of friends. I could literally count them all with one hand. It’s ironic, since I used to go to clubs every weekend. I miss it there.

  Once I decided I had enough of driving for about an hour, I went back home. I decided to wallow in self-pity of my lack of friends while re-watching Supernatural. I parked my car and walked back up to my apartment. I unlocked the door but then I found that it was unlocked. Strange. I’m pretty sure I locked my door on my way out.

  I slowly opened my door, still wary of how it could be unlocked. I entered stealthily, avoiding to make any noise. I kept the door open for in case I need to run out. I walked a few paces before I stopped, disbelieving of the sight before me.

  Cameron was perched on the sofa, on his phone. He seemed so absorbed in to it that he was oblivious to my presence.