Chapter 1: Her New Life Begins

One night, an ordinary 18 year old girl, Ariana Hanasaki, looked up at the night sky to see a red moon. She had no idea that the sight she saw with her own eyes would change her life forever. She was no ordinary girl anymore… She was a girl that carried special blood that appears every 100 years. Soon after, five mysterious men appeared, telling her that her life is in danger. They confess that they are ayakashi, and that she will have a child with one of them, because of the special blood she had. They force her to make her decision on the spot, but she couldn’t decide right away. With that, they give her at least a month for her to decide who to settle in with. Along with that, she found out that the shrine keeper, Samon, was also an ayakashi that kept an eye on her until her power awakened, realizing that he had protected her all along.

                                                                         ***

            Ariana was entering her room when she instantly realized a person on her bed. “You’re late.” The fox, Miyabi said. “Get. Out.” Ariana said. “I’ve been waiting for you, Ariana.” Miyabi said getting off the bed, and pinning her against the wall. “I said get out!” Ariana said. “You put out that scent, but yet you push us away." Miyabi asked. “Your point?!" Ariana exclaimed. “Just give yourself to me.” Miyabi said getting closer to her. “How many times do I have to say this?! Get out! And stop!” Ariana shouted. “Fighting only excites me. Just choose me already.” Miyabi said. His eyes were luring her. “No! No! You better stop what you’re doing!” Ariana said. “Then pick me.” Miyabi said getting closer to her face. “Get away from me!” Ariana exclaimed.

         The door suddenly swung open, and there stood Samon who was looking at Miyabi sternly. “What do you think you’re doing?” Samon asked. “Oh thank god…” Ariana said and sighed in relief. Miyabi clicked his tongue. “You’re interrupting me.” Miyabi responded. “You promised that you would wait for Ariana to make her decision.” Samon said. “I was only saying hi!” Miyabi said trying to change the subject, but realizing he failed and left the room. “Thanks Samon.” Ariana said. “Are you alright?” Samon asked. “I am now.” Ariana responded. He sighed. “It looks like you can’t be too careful.” Samon said. “I know… Also, I’m still iffy on giving an ayakashi my body. If they pull something like that on me again, I won’t hesitate to kick them all out!” Ariana said. He looked down, looking a little upset. “So... Did you need something?” Ariana asked. He didn’t respond. She blinked fast, and waved to get his attention. “Samon? Hello?” Ariana asked.

         In that moment, he pushed her onto the floor, and grabbed both of her hands so she couldn’t escape. “What are you doing..?” Ariana asked. He brought his face to her ear. “You’re making this way too easy.” Samon whispered. He was slowly bringing his face close to hers. “Samon! Hey!” Ariana said struggling. “It’s so easy to pin you down. I’m an ayakashi as well, you know?” Samon asked. “I’m aware of that, so… Can you please get off of me?” Ariana asked.

        After saying that, he loosened his grip and got off of her. “Just be careful.” Samon said. “Oh! You were trying to teach me a lesson. Alright… I will be careful in the near future.” Ariana said. “Good.” Samon said. “Yeah, all is good.” Ariana said. “You know, you’ve never been the one to sense danger, so I’m always on the edge. It’s just the feelings of a brother worrying about his sister.” Samon said. “True, you are like a brother to me.” Ariana said. He looked down, and looked back up at her. “Take your time on choosing your partner, Ariana. You still have plenty of time. Make a decision that’ll make you happy.” Samon said. “Yeah, I will.” Ariana responded. “I’m going to head off. Will you be alright?” Samon asked. “Yeah, I’ll be just fine. I don’t think foxy boy is going to be coming back anytime soon, but thank you for worrying about me.” Ariana said. “It’s no problem. I’m going to take a look around one last time, and you should get your rest.” Samon said. “Sure, it’s past my bedtime anyways.” Ariana said. “Good night, Ariana.” Samon said. “Good night, Samon.” Ariana responded.