CHAPTER - 12 Banquet

Start from the beginning

It wasn't until he was on a business trip and attending a birthday celebration that he realized what was missing. When he saw Zhan Yu in a white off suit at the same venue as him, Lu Bai finally discovered what his monotonous life was missing.

Originally, Zhan Yu wasn't planning on showing his face to the birthday banquet, since he didn't know anyone attending.

Zhan Yu grabbed Zhan Qiancheng's arm and held onto him. Perhaps because it was the first time, he had paid attention to his attire, but he still felt extremely uncomfortable.

Zhan Yu lowered his head to focus on his footsteps, but didn't forget to complain to Zhan Qiancheng, "I already said that I didn't want to come. You forced me to attend! Plus, I already made an appointment tonight to continue to learn how to dance with the teacher."

Ever since Zhan Yu forfeited the competition, he understood: If he wanted to mingle, he needed a special ability he could demonstrate. The host normally wanted someone who had a lot of talent and abilities. They should be able to recite, dance, sing, or play an instrument... As long as you have an extra ability, others will think more highly of you.

When the time came, Zhan Yu did not want to do something last minute, so he immediately found a dance teacher and a piano teacher. Every night, he alternated what he learned.

In Zham Yu's view, spending time on self-improvement was a much better choice in comparison to attending a banquet filled with people that he did not know.

However, Zhan Qiangcheng didn't think so. Although he later asked what happened with him and Lu Bai's mother, he had only carelessly replied that on the day he returned to the apartment, they had accidentally encountered one another. They hadn't spoken much before he had realized the strange situation and smartly left.

After he had finished speaking, Zhan Qiancheng was silent for a moment. On the surface, the encounter sounded perfectly normal; yet, listening to Zhan Yu's tone, it seemed like it wasn't that simple.

Zhan Qiancheng, in order to remove the possibility of future trouble, thought that it was still better to let Zhan Yu come out and interact with people, thereby getting to know better-quality men. That way, he can more easily break off his foolish thoughts about Lu Bai.

Zhan Yu did not know that Zhan Qiancheng still entertained such thoughts, he really would've wanted to stab his head and say: "Do I look like that kind of leisurely person?!"

Zhan Qiancheng was very diligent in his duties, taking Zhan Yu to congratulate the 70-year-old birthday host. He brought him away from the crowd and introduced him to each personーmaking a point of giving Zhan Yu space whenever he introduced him to handsome young women or men, whom he had selected very carefully, of course.

No matter how stupid Zhan Yu was, he understood that this was basically a blind date banquet that Zhan Qiancheng had arranged.

"Shoot!"

The young man with Zhan Yu at the moment, who just would not stop rambling about his career history, couldn't help but ask after suddenly hearing someone say something under his breath, "Master Zhan, what did you just say?"

Zhan Yu forced a rigid smile on his face.

"Sorry, I'm a bit tired and would like to rest over there."

"Then let me accompany you."

"Thank you, but there's no need," Zhan smiled as he politely rejected him.

When Lu Bai arrived in the front hall, he was witness to this scene.

Zhan Yu wore a white suit , Black T-shirt and white , which gave him a nice aura and teased the passersby to imagine the rest of his delicate frame. He was smilingーtalking to a man who was barely a step away from him. Lu Bai couldn't hear the man's response, but Zhan Yu smiled even brighter, waving his hands at him. He carried a Champing glass and walked over to the corner, where the resting area was.