Chapter 20: Birthday Spendings To Get Used To

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What do you want to hear?" He asked me.

I shook my head as I thought. "I don't have anything in particular."

Before I knew it, Miànjù started playing an acoustic version of happy birthday to me, in Korean, Chinese, and broken English as everyone knew the English version. I couldn't help but smile as I listened to his soothing voice sing happy birthday to me in multiple languages. He definitely was able to change my birthday around and I couldn't be anymore thankful.

*****

-Wednesday, June 23, 2021~5:26PM-

~Michael's POV~

All day, my members and I had been getting on our manager's, Namjin, nerves. But it wasn't by accident. We had been purposely doing it. Things like constantly fighting or not listening to him. I could tell he was at a breaking point so I motioned to all my members to keep going. It was time for the big finale.

I made sure everyone was on the same page before giving Ryo and Bamnal a thumbs up when Namjin wasn't looking. They both nodded then started their acting.

Bamnal was pretending to watch something on his phone when Ryo pretended to bother him. The rest of the members were purposely quiet, pretending to do their own things. Our manager was also sitting down on his phone.

"Ryo, get out of my face." Bamnal said, loud enough so everyone could hear.

"But I want to watch too." Ryo whined.

"Watch it on your own phone." Bamnal responded.

"I don't know what it is." Ryo replied, leaning back in to watch the male's phone.

"I said stop!" Bamnal shouted, this time pushing the male.

"Don't push me!" Ryo shouted back, pushing the male back even harder.

This caused the two to 'fight' and Namjin immediately got up to walk over to them.

"Stop fighting!" Our manager shouted as he pulled the two off of one another.

"Well tell him to stop pushing me!" Ryo shouted.

"Tell him to stop being in my business!" Bamnal shouted back.

"All of you stop it!!" Namjin finally blew his top. He turned to face all of us. "All day, you guys have been acting like children! You need to stop fighting and being so full of yourselves! All of you grow up!"

We all stared at Namjin, acting like his words affected us. After realizing what had happened, he sighed and headed towards the door.

"I need to take a walk." He muttered. "I'll be back soon."

Without anybody saying a word, Namjin made his way out of our dressing room. We gave it a few seconds to make sure he was gone before all of us cheering.

"Good work boys!" I exclaimed before pointing to Bamnal and Ryo. "Especially you two."

"Pfft." Ryo scoffed. "I'll do anything to mess with somebody and not get in trouble."

"Alright, let's get the cake and decorations up." I said.

"Already on it!" Rex shouted, pulling the cake out of our hiding spot.

All of us members and staff gathered to decorate the room. We had Em stand outside to watch for when our manager was on his way; since our dressing room was right in the middle of a long hallway, by the time he saw our manager come around the corner, we would still have time to finalize before he got here.

After about ten minutes, which we expected, Em came inside and told us he was coming. We all stood around the backside of the cake and faced the door, all of us in the front with our staff all behind us. We waited for that door to open before shouting.

"Happy Birthday Namjin!" Everybody shouted.

Namjin froze and his eyes widened before his head fell and his face grew into a crying smile.

"Thank goodness." He leaned against the couch. "I was afraid you guys were really starting to hate each other."

We all laughed as we gathered around our manager.

"Of course not." I responded.

"Not yet anyway." Lane said jokingly.

Our manager snickered before staring at all of us. "Thank you all."

He opened his arms and we all gathered into the giant group hug. It was relieving to see he wasn't mad at us anymore and that he was thankful instead.

"Now let's eat this cake!" Namjin shouted.

"Wait, for real?!" Ryo got excited.

"Oh, not you guys." Namjin said, his hand swirling in a circle in our direction. "But the rest of us staff!"

"Of course." Ming growled.

"Not fair!" Em shouted.

And so, as we stayed healthy for our performance, the rest of the staff enjoyed our manager's birthday cake. I guess it was our punishment for what we put him through. Although we couldn't have any, it was nice to see our manager enjoy his birthday in the end.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I thought this was a cute little birthday chapter hehe. I'll finish their promotions in the next chapter blep. I'm really trying to catch up on all my stories so we'll see. Anyway! Merry Christmas Eve everybody and happy holidays! See you all soon. Biez!