Chapter 14: Alchemy

Start from the beginning

After a handful of minutes, (Y/N) walked through the massive double doors of the Auction House, hearing the excited whispers of the Players around him, as well as the competitive bets of what he assumed were the upper echelons of various Guilds competing for various pieces of equipment.

Taking a seat, (Y/N) swiped his hand upwards as a familiar, translucent panel appeared before him.

"First things' first, I should deal with my Inventory." (Y/N) glanced over at his Inventory, finding it almost filled to the brim. Although he'd sold a few things on his last visit, he'd gained quite a few more gains from the Deathly Forest, placing him back at a point where his bag was almost overflowing.

Without hesitation, he searched for the current best solution to his problems - Item Bags.

With a simple search, over 108 Item Bags were currently up for sale, all of them being Basic Item Bags, each adding 25 slots to a Players' Inventory. At first, Players' Inventory had a passive capacity of 100 slots, and up to a maximum of seven Item Bags could be equipped at any time. Without hesitation, he bought six of the largest Item Bags, increasing the size of his Inventory from 100 slots to 250 slots, and furthermore costing him 240 Copper Coins, which he paid without batting an eye. Now, he had plenty of space in his Inventory.

Satisfied, he began navigating through the panel, (Y/N) swiftly searching through the materials section, over a thousand different materials appearing before him as (Y/N) hummed.

Sure enough, a lot more offers were available this time. However, it didn't surprise him in the least. The Auction House was connected to dozens of nearby Towns just like Red Leaf Town, hence, the ones who could purchase and sell were not limited to Red Leaf Town.

"Windward Blossoms, Springroots, and Magic Essences are the basic necessities for the Swift Wind Potion. Luckily, they're all relatively common, so I should be able to purchase quite a few." (Y/N) searched up the three materials after the thought.

After a moment, the three materials swiftly appeared before him, a smirk rising to his face.

Over 15 stacks of Windward Blossoms, over 26 stacks of Springroots, and over 40 stacks of Magic Essences were displayed before him. Naturally, the result didn't surprise him - rather, it pleased him.

Windward Blossoms were a Basic-ranked flower that could be found in most Level 0 to Level 25 Maps, hence Players would often come across them in their travels. Springroots were even more common, found in nearly all Level 0 to Level 20 forested areas, and furthermore being even more abundant than the Windward Blossoms. As for Magic Essences, they were a material primarily used in Enchanting, however, each Lifestyle Class dabbled with it in some way along the line, hence it was a common drop from all sorts of enemies.

Wandering through the prices, (Y/N) hummed to himself. And then he bought them all. In total, it cost him around 20 or so Silver Coins to purchase them all, a purchase which was well within his current budget.

After securing the resources for the Swift Wind Potion, (Y/N) began to browse through the wares of the Auction House, systematically searching through each section whilst keeping an eye out for any interesting item.

"Hm? Oh, right, I forgot these existed." (Y/N) couldn't help but hum as he glanced at the item before him. An ornate card with a design of a valiant sword inscribed onto its face.

This item was one of a Card Set, particularly the Card Set belonging to the Swordsman Class: Chaos.

Card Sets were exceedingly rare as far as drop rates went, having a little less than a 1 in 10,000 chance for it drop from any and all Monster deaths. Moreover, only Monsters below Level 10 would have the chance to even drop these cards, and they were divided between Bronze Rank and Mysterious-Iron Rank. Furthermore, one needed a total of nine cards belonging to the same set to even gain any use out of them...