Chapter 11: Not-So-Deathly Forest

Start from the beginning

"You...! You've dug your own grave! Once the Guards get here, let's see if you can keep your arrogance!" The Swordsman grit his teeth, livid at the turn of events.

"The Guards, hm~?" (Y/N) merely smiled.

Before 10 seconds had even passed, two figures broke through the crowd of Players.

"What happened here?!" A Level 25 Guard NPC shouted loudly, pushing through the Players.

Right now, they were the ironclad justice.

"Guards, you have to avenge my subordinate! He killed him unjustly in this safe zone!" The Swordsman pointed smugly at (Y/N), who had yet to move his foot from Joking Badger's corpse.

Now that the Guards were here, not only would this mysterious Swordsman die, but he might even drop his sword! It was practically his for the taking!

The two Level 25 Guards looked at (Y/N), walking up to him as a menacing aura radiated from their bodies, making the Players around him look away and sigh, or grin at the scene.

However, their next words instantly floored everyone.

"Honorary Knight. We meet at last." The first Level 25 Guard NPC spoke up, a smile rising to his face as he greeted (Y/N) with a respectful tone.

...

...What?

A dumbfounded silence instantly engulfed the Dungeon Area.

"Indeed. May I know your name?" (Y/N) smiled calmly, ignoring the stunned crowd around him.

"Right. I am the humble Knight, Archival. At your service, Honorary Knight." Archival, the Level 25 Guard NPC, introduced himself. Archival wore a set of silvery-red armor, holding a spear in his grasp as a strange smile seemed plastered on his face, which had usually always been blank.

"A pleasure to meet you, Archival. And your name is?" (Y/N) turned towards the second of the Guard NPCs.

"I am called Hyalar, Honorary Knight. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Hyalar, the second Guard NPC, introduced himself humbly.

"I see. It's a pleasure to meet you both. May I know what you seek to find here?" (Y/N) smiled casually, as if he didn't already know the source. He was standing on the source...

"This..." Archival stumbled over his words for a moment.

"Honorary Knight, although you have certain privileges, even we cannot justify you killing innocents without proper reasons..." Hyalar spoke up, his face somewhat reluctant.

Nobody in the Knight Order wanted to offend an Honorary Knight.

Nobody.

"I see. Then, would I be justified on charges of attempted theft?" (Y/N) smiled kindly, and suddenly, the scene from before replayed, showing Joking Badger stealing Stormriven from the air, and (Y/N)'s just retribution.

"I...see. Very well, Honorary Knight. In this case, we shall see your actions as a proper act of justice." Archival, after being shown the proof, smiled as he sighed.

He didn't want to have to find problems with an Honorary Knight...

"I see. Oh, while you're here, I have a question. If I wish to get rid of someone who is an "innocent", what price need I pay?" (Y/N) spoke casually, Stormriven slowly beginning to crackle with lightning.

"Huh- oh...Honorary Knight, normally, even you wouldn't be capable to do such a thing. ...However, your status, in particular, is slightly special, hence, all you would need to do is pay 1 Silver per every casualty." Archival spoke with an awkward face.